⟣Chapter 31

⟣•31•⟢ (Part 1)
: MUTUAL SECRET REVEAL

• • •
Zhao Sheng has a personal driver so he does not need to drive the aircraft himself. He sits in the back row of the aircraft with Hawke while Hawke selects the evening suit he needs to change into later in the terminal. Checking the pictures of beautiful suits sent via the chat channel, Hawke said with delight, “Cousin’s wife is really nice, he prepared so many clothes for me.”

Zhao Sheng’s expression turned soft, “Miao Miao likes to dress people up. He will be happy to hear that you like it.” After Zhao Sheng finished speaking, he casually asked, “When did Xiào Mu start working part-time in the infirmary?”

Hawke thought about it and stated the date. Thinking of that day, he laughed, “His actual appearance is beautiful, and he probably is afraid of being harassed so he put on some makeup. I accidentally hit his nose with the door. When he washed his face, all of his makeup was washed off.”

Zhao Sheng followed with a smile, “Sounds like you guys are brought together by fate.”

“Yes, I was surprised to see him later in school. After all, his physical strength is so weak, I didn’t expect him to report to the Higher education department of the Imperial Military Academy.”

Zhao Sheng listened to Hawke as he speaks and occasionally responded with 1 or 2 sentences. At the same time, he opened his terminal to check the date when the mid-grade healing pill was sold on the black market – it’s the same day as Xiào Mu’s part-time job in the infirmary. After thinking for a while, Zhao Sheng checked the records of the battledome fighters in the recent period of time. Swiping quickly, he soon found the 5 people who had appeared in the infirmary today. He checked their record of fights; all are after Xiào Mu started working in the infirmary. Zhao Sheng had a guess in his heart, but to be more certain, he looked at Hawke and asked, “Do you remember what kind of clothes he was wearing when you first met Xiào Mu?”

“White T-shirt,” Hawke remembered clearly because the blood from his nose dripped onto his clothes; making it extremely obvious.

The corners of Zhao Sheng’s mouth raised slightly. The same clothes, height, and black hair. Even at the same time of appearance, Zhao Sheng can now be sure that Xiào Mu is the one who sold the mid-grade healing pills. The 5 sentinels who had asked to buy the medicine did not lie, but the fact that their spiritual state could recover had nothing to do with Hawke. Xiào Mu should have given them the medicine secretly.

Zhao Sheng was a little puzzled; he couldn’t understand Xiào Mu’s intention. Why did he do this? Is it because of his nature of being a healer?

Hawke shifted his gaze from the evening suits to Zhao Sheng’s face, “Cousin, why are you asking about Xiào Mu?” He stared at him before continuing, “I’ll say this first, if you cheat in your marriage, I will definitely tell cousin’s wife.”

Zhao Sheng tapped Hawke’s head, “What nonsense are you spouting? I only love Miao Miao. Don’t forget, once the sentinel and the guide ‘combine’, they will belong to each other and will not react to other people. I will never do anything that upsets Miao Miao.”

Hawke pouted, “Then you are suspicious of Xiào Mu? He is a good person.”

Zhao Sheng did not conceal his intention and explained, “I saw him in the black market before this, but he was wearing a red mask that time. I was not sure so I asked you. Based on your answer, I got the correct person.”

“Huh?” Hawke sounded surprised, “Xiào Mu is so capable. Not only does he work part-time and sell cookies on the virtual net, but he also sells things on the black market. What does he sell?”