⟣Chapter 10

•10•⟢
: DISCOVERY

• • •
Xiào Mu looked at the narcissist Leo in front of him and didn’t know what expression he put on for a while. He explained, “You misunderstood, I have a business to find the Marshal.” As he said, he raised his hand and rubbed his forehead. His spiritual power was less than 20%, making his forehead feel hot as his head was placed in a steamer. It was stuffy and hot, and he was a little dizzy.

“Business?” Leo raised his eyebrows. His gaze swept through Xiào Mu’s face, and he humphed, “You are blushing.”

Xiào Mu: “…”

Gritting his teeth, Xiào Mu rushed to Leo quickly and squatted down so that his forehead was against the back of Leo’s hand on the armrest. In an instant, his spiritual barrier thinned, and the spiritual filaments struggled crazily wanted to get close to Leo. Xiào Mu moved away as soon as he touched the back of Leo’s hand and returned to his original position with a serious look. Then he said, “My face is red because I’m having a fever. I am really not thinking about you.” Although Leo is the type he likes, this kind of like is similar to liking idols; just purely appreciation.

Leo looked down at the back of his hand. The person had already left, but the warmth of his forehead seemed to remain on it. He leaned against the back of the sofa and put his hands on his feet.

“You are more proactive than I thought,” Leo stared at Xiào Mu, “but, no next time. I hate physical contact with other people.”

Xiào Mu’s mouth twitched. Does this person have a filtering system? Anyone saying they don’t like him will automatically be filtered. He thickened the spiritual barrier and calmed down the spiritual filaments. Right now, the distance between them is only 2 meters. Because of the spiritual barrier, his reaction to Leo is almost negligible. Hence, hearing that Leo didn’t like to be in contact with people made him feel happy; it was simply great. In the future, he will immediately establish a spiritual barrier if he saw Leo. Without physical contact, his spiritual barrier will not be affected and his identity will not be exposed.

“Don’t worry, I will keep a distance from you.” Xiào Mu said and shifted his seat to the left; leaving more distance between them.

Leo glanced at Xiào Mu and closed his eyes to rest. Although this child always tried his best to jump around in front of his eyes, he(XM) was not noisy, not disturbing, not sticky, and lastly, he(L) was not disgusted by him.

“Xiào Mu,” Ren strode out of the study with a friendly smile and sat down beside Xiào Mu. “Sorry for my rudeness earlier, did I scare you?” Ren still has memories of when he was mentally confused. Xiào Mu looked weak, so he is really worried that he would scare Xiào Mu away.

Xiào Mu could still feel slight discomfort from Ren, but Ren acted like he is fine with a relaxed smile.

“Not scared,” Xiào Mu said, and couldn’t help asking, “Are you well?”

Ren waved his hand, “Yes, it’s nothing. Relax a bit more, we are at home now so no need to be so polite.”

Xiào Mu nodded and turned to glance at Leo. He happened to meet Leo’s eyes, so he quickly moved away his gaze. The Marshal said he’s fine, but he thinks he(R) just afraid he will be worried.

Leo sat upright, humphed softly to himself. The guy said he didn’t like him, but he peeked at him just now.

Ren looked at Xiào Mu with a smile, “You said you have something to ask me. Do you want to ask about Leo? Which year do you want to know1? I will tell you slowly.”