⟣Chapter 40

⟣•40•⟢ (Part 1)
: SPIRITUAL DAMAGE

• • •
In the northeast of Planet Jiu, a large hole was dug in the northwest corner of a rocky mountain. A bunch of miners with weapons stood at the entrance of the hole. In front of the miner stood a dark black humanoid mech and a tall sentinel jumped from the mech. He had short hair and a ferocious-looking face. This is the space pirate’s leader, Jonassen, the one in the video that Leo played before. With a face full of fierce expression, he said to the thin man who is crossing his arms beside him, “Mitte, what do you want to do now? If we wait any longer, the imperial reinforcements will come soon.”

“What’s the rush?” Mitte’s face looked pale. His hair is slightly long, and it has half-hidden his eyebrows, making him looking very gloomy. “The announcement is just sent. The empire has just conducted a military exercise at the nearest Planet Ba and it ended a few days ago. So, for the next few days, there’s no one there.”

“The nearest empire’s reinforcement is at least 3 hours away from us. The people inside have been surrounded for 3 days and they have no energy to come out. The smoke bomb that I asked you to throw in will make them all unconscious within 10 minutes.” Glancing at the time, Mitte said, “Get your people to tie up everyone in 10 minutes, especially Qian Yao.”

Jonassen glared at Mitte dissatisfiedly, “Why didn’t you give me the smoke bomb earlier? You caused us to waste 3 days here.”

Hearing that, Mitte looked at Jonassen coldly, “Your people took 3 days before finally finding out all spacial jump points for Planet Jiu, you still have the face to say?”

“You!” Jonassen’s chest heaved violently. He took a step closer and glared at Mitte viciously, “Do you believe that I can pinch you to death in the next second?”

Mitte sneered and his eyes looked gloomy, “You can try? We’ll see who will die first?”

Jonassen gripped his fist. Thinking of Mitte’s bizarre methods, he stood on guard. Just then, his terminal vibrated. Pretending to read the notification, he took a step back. But when he saw the content of the message, Jonassen’s face suddenly changed.

“There is movement at the south jump point,” Jonassen glared at Mitte. “Didn’t you say that it should take at least 3 hours for someone to come?”

Mitte sneered, “What are you afraid of? Too sooner they come, the better, lest you have to wait longer for them. The mined ores have been shipped away anyway.”

“Do you know who is here? Leo Arnold!” Jonassen said while sending a message, “I already helped you to rob the mines, and I also posted a video to cover for you. Whatever you want to do next, suit yourselves. I’ll be leaving now. ” Jonassen said that he is about to jump into the mecha, but was stopped by Mitte, “Wait. Are you not curious why I deliberately attracted the reinforcements?”

Jonassen waved his hand, “The result of my curiosity last time is I get caught and sent to jail. Just after I escaped, I have to do things for you. I don’t want to be curious.”

“If there is no effective treatment, you will get into mental confusion in less than 10 days, right?” Although Mitte is asking a question, his tone is a confirmation. He did not wait for Jonassen to answer, and continued, “You have recently made preparation for the moment you fell for mental confusion, and you are worried that the interstellar police could find your track so you didn’t follow Planet Yao’s news?”

“There is a new type of medicine that can restore spiritual power in Planet Yao. It could instantly restore one’s spiritual power without side effects. With the best quality one, even if a Level S sentinel is close to madness, they can be cured by taking 5 pills.”