⟣Chapter 8

⟣•08•⟢
: NOT TOO STUPID

• • •
Rubbing his forehead, Xiào Mu walked out of the ward and asked in his mind, “What happens if the spiritual power is lower than a certain value?”

[Less than 20% = low-grade fever symptoms. Less than 10% = high-grade fever and vomiting symptoms. Less than 2% = automatically enter a protective coma, and will wake up naturally within 24 hours.]

Xiào Mu wrote down these values. At this time, a room number was reported in the walkie-talkie. He stopped thinking about the problem and walked to the elevator. When he got off work at 6.00 pm, Xiào Mu swiped the temporary work card on the punch card. The next moment after swiping, his personal terminal vibrated and there was a notification. He looked at the newly added 250 star coins in his account and smiled happily. The 50 coins were the remuneration of the previous day, after deducting 50 coins for the bed fee. When Xiào Mu went back, he spent 5 star coins on the public aircraft. That makes him felt a little distressed, but compared with the 50 coins bed fee, he felt that it was a bargain.

After getting off the aircraft, Xiào Mu set the destination on the terminal and then began to trot. After running for a kilometer, he stopped and panted labouriously. This body was really too weak. He used to be about the same size as Brother Hua. There was no problem with running 5 laps on the college field, which was 2 kilometers. He panted while supporting himself on his knees, thinking that there were 9 kilometers left, and felt desperate. At this time, the sky was a little darker, and if it continued like this, it would be dark in less than an hour. It’s a shame to say, but Xiào Mu is afraid of the dark! In the past, whenever he is on the night shift, he will go to the hospital early and after his shift, he will wait until dawn when to return home. What made him even more desperate was that there were no nuts1 in his pocket, and he had no sense of security at all.

Xiào Mu gripped his fist and cheered himself up before continued to trot. Soon, he couldn’t stand it anymore. His heart seemed to pop out of his chest, his face was too hot, his hands and feet were cold.

[Warning, warning! Physical strength is about to drop less than 10%. After less than 10%, hands and feet will feel soft, and host will have no strength left.]

Probably because Xiào Mu asked for more explanation before this, the system said the effect in more detailed this time. Xiào Mu smiled bitterly. He still has around 12% physical strength. Even if it is not lower than 10%, he doesn’t have much strength anymore. Feeling discouraged, he sat down in the flowerbed on the roadside and then began to search for a nearby hotel. The result only has one which was a military guest house. Xiào Mu took a break for 10 minutes and walked to the guest house, secretly hoping that it would be open to the public without being too expensive. He walked very slowly. Fortunately, the guest house was not far away. 10 minutes later, Xiào Mu looked at the door of the guest house. This…is such a gorgeous and cool building. Is it alright to call it a ‘guest house’? It looked way better than any five-star hotels in his previous world Xiào Mu hesitated. In such a place, his 250 star coins were not enough. He thought for a while and decided to ask anyway. If it is too expensive, he can try to rent the staff’s dormitory. But just as he took a step forward, his body became stiff. Xiào Mu turned around and saw a familiar black aircraft landed slowly.

After a while, Leo jumped out of the aircraft, followed by two more people. One of them walked side by side with Leo, both men were wearing military uniforms. The one beside Leo is wearing an epaulet with 1 star and 1 olive branch2 on his shoulders, while the other person had 3 stars and 1 olive branch on his shoulders.

Leo led the major general of the 5th Division to the guest house and said, “You are the earliest person to come. The rest of the major generals will probably arrive tomorrow. We will discuss further tomorrow.”