⟣Chapter 22

⟣•22•⟢
: NEW JOB

• • •
Xiào Mu looked at the red and blue bars of the blond man – Spiritual power 1,800 Level E+, physical strength 7,000 Level B. Didn’t everyone say that all guides are weak chickens? Xiào Mu began to doubt his inference. He remembered that the guide with the highest stamina in the Golden Tower at the moment was at 3,500 Level D.

The blond man walked to the door of a room and put his right foot behind him; ready to kick up the door. Suddenly thinking of something, he turned back to glance at Xiào Mu and gave him a sheepish smile. The corner of Xiào Mu’s mouth twitched. Obviously, kicking the door is a common action for this person. The blond man gently pressed his right foot to the door, and slowly pushed the door open. Hopping into the room with one foot, he still held the door open with his right foot, and looked back at Xiào Mu, “Come in!”

“Hawke, since when do you start to act gently?” Someone yelled in surprise.

“Whenever anyone opens the door in the future, they are not allowed to kick the door. Open it slowly!” the blond man yelled back before smiling at Xiào Mu, “Come in.”

Xiào Mu entered the lounge. This is a large living room with rows of black leather sofas. A dozen people are sitting everywhere; all of them are tall sentinels. He glanced at the blond Hawke in surprise, wondering how Hawke managed to prevent himself from getting found out. Did he also erect a barrier?

A man with a fierce tiger tattooed on his chest walked up to Hawke. He took the bag of water in his hand, and casually threw the bottles at the people sitting on the sofa. Those people obviously didn’t look in their direction and are playing among themselves, but when the water bottle is about to hit them, they all manage to reach out in time to catch it. The man threw the water bottles while looking at Xiào Mu. Seeing that he was holding his nose and there was blood on his hands, the man couldn’t help laughing out and patted Hawke on the shoulder, “Hawke, this should be your masterpiece ba. And here I thought you have changed.”

Hawke glared at the man and kicked him, “Go away.” He changed back to his smiling face and said to Xiào Mu, “Come with me.”

There are 2 rooms on the left. He took Xiào Mu to one of them and said, “This is the bathroom. You can tidy up here.” He glanced at the blood dripping that stained the clothes on Xiào Mu’s chest, and said, “Wait, I’ll find a change of clothing for you.”

“No need.” Xiào Mu cupped some water with his hands and washed his face. Hawke is about to persuade Xiào Mu when someone calls him to check on the injured fighters.

Xiào Mu looked at himself in the mirror with a distorted expression. In order to change his complexion, he applied a thick layer of foundation. When he washed his face with water, the foundation melted and his face now looked like a paint palette, which was super ugly. He watched the makeup lesson and the removal tutorial together, and found it too troublesome. In order to remove makeup with a simpler method, he specially bought water-soluble cosmetics. Xiào Mu sighed, if he had known earlier, he would buy a waterproof one instead. Going out like this look is definitely not good. There’s no way, he has to wash away all his makeup. After wiping his face clean with a tissue, he tried to rub the blood on his front, but could only make the color lighter.

“Wow, you are so beautiful.” When Xiào Mu went out, Hawke just came out of the next room. With an amazed expression, he jumped over and grabbed Xiào Mu’s arm.

The sentinels sitting on the sofa looked over when they heard this. Several people exclaimed a wow, and some whistled.

Xiào Mu blanked out for a second and pulled his hand out. He frowned and said, “I’m leaving.”