⟣Chapter 4

⟣•04•⟢
: ADOPTED SON

• • •
Feeling that he is deeply despised, Xiào Mu determined that he must exercise well after he has solved his living problem!

“Doctor, where is the library?” After a staring match with the doctor for a long time, Xiào Mu decided to ignore the part about paramecium.

As soon as he asked, he received the look as if he’s an idiot again. The doctor exaggeratedly said, “God, are you an old antique who has just crawled out of a grave?”

“How many years ago was the library? It is now in the network era. For any question, you can open a personal terminal to enter the network and you can get all the answers – of course, confidential questions are not included.”

“Uh,” Xiào Mu asked helplessly, “what if there is no personal terminal?”

“How could there not be? Everyone has it from birth, even if you have a bad family background, there are still the outdated terminals sent by the country to store your personal chip…” The doctor said suddenly “No, the hospital will not recruit people without identification, you are teasing me!”

Xiào Mu has a sincere expression, “What I said is true. Dr. Xi Mu told me that I have memory loss, and the relevant departments will not reissue the personal terminal until after the investigation.”

“Oh, you are the patient who was mistakenly taken as a guide by the interstellar pirates and captured. Then they found out that you are not a guide, so they threw you into Zone F no man’s land,” the doctor suddenly shook his head and said with emotion, “So pitiful.”

What’s all this? Xiào Mu looked dumbfounded. No man’s land in Zone F? Is he talking about the place where he can’t see the side when he walks all the time?

“You may have misunderstood.” Xiào Mu said.

“I know, it’s shameful, and it’s normal if you don’t want to mention it.” The doctor full of understanding and patted Xiào Mu’s shoulder. “Don’t be discouraged, boy. You are still young and you can grow taller later. I’m going to see a patient. If you want to check any information, go to Xi Mu for help.”

Looking at the doctor’s back, Xiào Mu’s mouth twitched. He wanted to say that he only came to this world inexplicably, and he was not mistakenly taken away as a guide by some pirates at all! But this explanation, he can’t say it, he can only think about it.

Since there is no library, he decided to find Xi Mu. Xi Mu has been treating patients on various floors, and he might miss him, so Xiào Mu went to the dispatch room to ask. The dispatch room is on the 20th floor, and he has to take the elevator. He walked toward the elevator, and when he passed a ward, he stopped. The feeling in the ward made him very uncomfortable, and his spiritual filament was eagerly moving about, wanting to erase this discomfort. He controlled them and couldn’t help but push the door into the ward.

The patient in the ward was lying on the bed with a distorted expression and looked particularly uncomfortable, even then he did not wake up. Obviously, he was injected with sleeping pills, and after sleeping pills, he would usually be injected with a guide pheromone agent. So, it seems that the guide pheromone agent is not very useful to him. A large eagle was flying randomly in the sky, hitting the wall from time to time, and a lot of feathers were scattered down. Upon seeing this, Xiào Mu twisted his eyebrows and closed the door, and stretched out a filament.

The next moment, he saw the patient’s chaotic spiritual filament, like a jumbled ball of wool, with torn splits in the middle. The scene in the movie at lunch immediately appeared in his mind, and almost instinctively, his spiritual filament penetrated the patient’s mind and flexibly organizing the man’s spiritual filament. It’s just that the patient’s spiritual filament is much more than his, which is too slow. He just thought about it, his spiritual filament suddenly split, one became two, and the work of disentangling was accelerated instantly, and the chaotic spiritual filaments were sorted out in a short while. He retracted his spiritual filament, only to find that the big eagle standing at his feet and rubbing him lightly, and the patient on the bed recovered calmly.