⟣Chapter 51

⟣•51•⟢ (Part 1)
: RETURNING TO MARSHAL’S APARTMENT

• • •
Striding into the living room, Leo saw Ren and Xiào Mu drinking tea. One of them is not in good condition while the other looked mentally tired. The faint smell of tea made them relax a lot. Leo’s tight expression slightly loosened and he walked to Ren, “Grandfather, how is Grandpa?”

Ren explained what Louis had encountered and the current situation, “Xiào Mu said he can be saved, but it will take some time.”

Leo looked at Xiào Mu, and Xiào Mu nodded to agree with Ren’s words. Leo glanced at him deeply, “Thank you.” After he finished speaking, he went to the bedroom to look at Louis. Leo came out soon but his face was ugly.

“Grandfather, tell me all the relevant information. I want to go there in person.”

Ren is not surprised by Leo’s reaction, and pointed to the sofa, “Sit down.”

Clenching his fist, Leo finally sat down patiently and said with a firm tone, “I must go. If you don’t give me the information, I will just go directly. I know where that jump point is anyway.”

“You can’t go,” Ren said in a gentle voice but in a tone that cannot be refused, “You have seen Louis’s situation. That place is very dangerous. I have ordered the study of related equipment to counter the attack. You will go there when we are prepared.”

“I can’t wait!” Leo stood up suddenly, “I’m not afraid of danger.”

Seeing Leo turn around and want to leave, Xiào Mu couldn’t help but said, “Leo, don’t be impulsive.”

Leo stood still, and Lyle arrived at this moment. Seeing that the atmosphere is not right, he sat quietly on the edge of the sofa.

Seeing Leo’s sight falling on him, Xiào Mu thought about what Ren had said, and persuaded, “The situation at that place is unknown. At least you have to wait for Lieutenant General Louis to wake up before making arrangements. If you go forward rashly, it is easy to get an accident.”

Ren continued from Xiào Mu’s words and scolded softly, “Xiào Mu is a minor but he knows better. You have been in the military for so many years. So, you should be very clear about the importance of knowing yourself and the enemy, not to mention…” He paused before saying, “Don’t forget, the beginning of November is the founding day of the Planet Yao. There will be large-scale celebrations going on. This year, many countries from other planets are coming to join the ceremony. You know who are they coming for, right?”

Hearing that, Xiào Mu’s heart moved. Don’t tell him is it because of him?

Ren’s expression sank and he looked at Leo, “It is still unknown whether Louis will recover at that time. Are you going to leave Xiào Mu and me behind and leave Area A unguarded?”

Xiào Mu’s mouth twitched. Why does the last question sound so strange? He glanced at Ren and felt that the main reason Ren asked him to help persuade Leo is actually placed in this question.

Leo looked struggled. He stood silent for a moment, and sat down again, “After the celebration, as long as Grandpa wakes up, I will go to Area F.

Ren secretly breathed a sigh of relief. It’s fine if Leo didn’t act impulsively for the time being. By then, the instrument to resist spiritual power’s attack might have already been made.

After Leo finished speaking, he saw that Xiào Mu looked tired. Earlier when he entered the bedroom, he asked Qiao about Louis’s situation. He knew that Xiào Mu’s fatigue is caused by excessive use of spiritual power. Leo is both grateful and distressed for Xiào Mu, “I will send you back to rest.”