⟣Chapter 42

⟣•42•⟢ (Part 1)
: COOPERATION

• • •
Striding over to Xiào Mu, Leo took the umbrella from Xiào Mu's hand and held it up for him. Then he blankly looked at Wood, "If I remember it correctly, you came from the special training team, right? But now you are so 'delicate' that you need to use the umbrella when going out. It seems that I need to arrange more training tasks for you."

The 'delicate' Xiào Mu: "..."

Upon hearing those words, Wood felt a chill down his back. He quickly said, "No, no, no, I don't need it," he glanced at the umbrella and added, "The umbrella is too big so I got covered as I'm a bit too close."

As soon as he said this, Wood found Major General Leo's face turned darker so he immediately said, "No, it's not that I'm too close, it's..."

Leo frowned and interrupted Wood, "You are already 60 years old!"

Wood: "... I'm only 56 years old in December."

Leo ignored Wood's rebuttal and looked at Xiào Mu with a serious reminder, "Wood is almost 60 years old."

Leo remembered clearly how Xiào Mu was taken aback when he(XM) knew that he is 38. Although he is considered young before reaching 100 years old, Xiào Mu didn't seem to like older people. Leo thought that his own age is just right, while Wood is a little too old.

Xiào Mu looked at Wood in surprise. To him, Wood looked almost like a 30-year-old in his world, or even younger. He couldn't tell that Wood is more than 50 years old at all. Xiào Mu squatted down and stretched out his hand, "Let me dig ba. If I know earlier that you are so old, I definitely won't let you do the rough work.

The corner of Wood's mouth twitched, "Master Xiào Mu, I'm still very young. Digging medicine is very simple, and not a rough job at all." He said, as if to verify his words, Wood waved the medicine shovel and shoveled towards the root of the herb.

"PENG..." Due to using too much strength, the metal part of the medicine shovel flew off from the handle and rolled a few times on the ground.

Xiào Mu stayed silent for a moment before saying, "I believe what you said. You are indeed very young and strong."

Leo said blankly, "No, he's old. See, he can't even control his strength."

The corner of Wood's mouth couldn't help but twitch again. He walked to the side and picked up the medicine shovel.

Xiào Mu leaned over and stared at the shovel, "Can it still be used? I only bought one."

Holding the umbrella, Leo followed Xiào Mu closely, making sure that he would not be exposed to the sun. He heard Xiào Mu's question and glanced at him, "Don't worry, it's easy to fix. If it can't be fixed," Leo glanced at the herbs on the ground, "There are other ways to harvest the herb."

The method Leo said is simple and rough. He got someone to drive an excavator to shovel a piece of land containing the herbs. Then he gets his men to pick up the herbal medicine, knocked off the soil adhering to the roots, and placed them neatly aside.

Xiào Mu only needs to put the herbs in his space storage, which is simple and fast. When it is time for dinner, Xiào Mu's backpack is already full. Seeing the fruits of the harvest, Xiào Mu's eyes are slightly curved with a smile, "Thank you, Major General."

Xiào Mu's black eyes are extremely bright. Leo who is holding the umbrella with his right hand, and couldn't help raising his left hand and rubbed his thumb lightly at the corner of Xiào Mu's eye. Seeing Xiào Mu froze, Leo restrained the urge to continue and retracted his hand naturally.