Chapter 10

Leyla turned to face me once I'd gotten in the water, she looked like a seductive siren with her dark wet hair trailing behind her. Her lashes thick, and perfectly shaped eyebrows even darker.
She playfully smiled at me and I swore I had never seen a more ethereal site.

"It's nice isn't it?" She sounded breathless.

I swam closer to her. "I only got in for you." A blush bloomed her cheeks, and I cursed myself for being so forward. I wanted nothing more to tell her how beautiful she was and how I felt connected to her by some predestined force. I didn't want to scare her off. I needed to take it slow. One day I would tell her all of those thing. But for now I needed to deflect "who would save you if you drowned?" I asked jokingly.

I was shocked when she splashed water straight at my face and swam off laughing. And what laughter it was, it was like an orchestra of music playing a symphony just for me. I swam after her and got a hold of her ankle, and pulled her towards me.

"You want to play, huh?" I laughed. She kicked her feet against me and I grabbed her other foot. If she wasn't flailing her arms and giggling I would've been scared that she was at risk of drowning. But I wouldn't let that happen.

I grabbed her around the waist and I felt a small blush creep up on my face when I felt her smooth wet skin against mine. She turned and used my body to climb up, and try to get the advantage of being above me to push my head underwater.

I held her firmly and threw us both underneath the waves we had created. I still had an arm around her when we resurfaced she looked at me in complete shock and burst out laughing. Her head thrown back her hands at my shoulders, her white square teeth on display. She looked exquisite.

What she had told me previously about how her family situation resulted in her wanting to be as far away from them as she could. The pain in her voice made my insides ache. I wanted to give her everything I could, I would tear the world apart to give her anything she had ever wanted.

But that was something I couldn't give to her, no matter how much wanted to. I couldn't replace her mother or father. But I could introduce her to mine. My parents and even my whole family were very warm and welcoming people. And if a family was something she needed I would make sure mine could, to some degree ease her pain about hers. As long as she would grace me with that laugh again I would do anything for her.