Chapter 66

After we finally landed and picked up our bags from baggage claim, Archer pulling them both along, we exited the arrivals area and a chauffeur stood holding a sign with Archers name on it. He had told me that everything was already planned and all I needed to do was relax.

My first plane ride had been scary but it wasn't as bad is it could've been without Archer, he distracted me and even went as far as to pack cards and my notepad so that I would remain occupied enough not to think about the turbulence.

When we got to the hotel, we approached the reception.

"Bonjour, nous aimerions nous enregistrer," Archer started. My mouth dropped open slightly. He knew French? The lady behind the desk nodded and asked for his name, that much I could understand.

"Since when do you speak French?" I asked as soon as there was a lull in their conversation.

"Since I was 12, we used to come to the south of France on our holidays and my parents decided that it would be beneficial for me to learn." He shrugged like it was nothing, "I'll take you there some day."

"Oh," I was too shocked to say anything else and then the Lady handed him some cards and directions I assumed, when she started pointing.

We took the elevator to our room and when he opened the double doors my jaw dropped for the second time that day. The seating area was bright from the floor to ceiling windows that showed the Eiffel Tower. The ceilings were painted in Michelangelo style, the whole room was decadent with crystal vases expensive furniture and two crystal chandeliers. There were another pair of double doors that led to what I assumed was the bedroom.

As Archer walked towards the windows he opened them to reveal a French balcony. He continued onwards towards the bedroom and I followed him. The style was similar to the seating are but with a bed bigger than the one we had at home and there was a terrace that led outside.

"What do you think?" Archer asked me after inspecting the room.

"I think this will suffice," I replied in a posh accent, angling my nose up.

He chuckled, "glad you approve Mademoiselle."

The way he spoke French made my stomach flutter and I punched his arm softly, "that was for not telling me you speak French."

"Don't worry, no more surprises on my part," he laughed throwing his hands up. "Are you hungry?"

"I am," I watched as he brought our suitcases in.

The rest of the day was spent going to a cute café a short walk away from us, I ooh'd and aah'd at most things. Archer would force me to stand in front of buildings I thought were pretty to snap pictures off me. It was already getting quite late so we headed back and spent the rest of the night in bed, I forced him to leave the curtains to our room open so we could watch the glittering tower.

Our trip lasted for four days and during that time Archer had an activity planned for us each day. We went to the Champs-Élysées, Louvren and many other note worthy attractions. And each day he would also add in a romantic element for me, he disappeared during dinner one day and reappeared after a few minutes with a man playing the saxophone. Archer payed him to play for us during the rest of our meal. He would buy me flowers and order me new foods he knew I would like. He even wrote our names on a lock and attached it to the Pont des Arts.

And on the last day he had hired a private area in one of the most famous restaurants just for us, the space around us filled with candles of all sizes and red roses, the food was exceptional. I was continuously surprised by how deep my love for him ran. And how he managed to make me love him more each day that passed.

The end.