Chapter 56

Today was New Years, spending my first Christmas with the Whitlock's was like something straight out of a movie. I felt like I, for once in my life finally had a family. Like I finally belonged somewhere. Somewhere that was filled with light and laughter.

Each and every one of them added something to the dynamic and my previously empty heart. I had tried to cherish each moment as much as I could.

And now the festivities kept going, it was like the gift that kept giving. Today Cal's solicitor firm was going to have a party at one of the grandest hotels in the city. I knew the Whitlocks had money and that everything was going good with the firm but how they could afford throw a party for over 300 people was a mystery to me.

I was still in bed when I heard Archer in the slamming some pots kitchen. I was debating on if I should go for a shower now or later on in the day when the door opened. Archer approached the bed with tray full of food and drinks, he placed it on the bed as he held one arm behind his back hiding something.

"What's all this?" I asked sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. He didn't reply, only revealed what he had in his hands.

It was a bouquet of lilac hydrangeas and a card, he gave me both as he sat down opposite me on the bed.
My lips parted as my eyes grew wide, this was the first time I'd gotten flowers in my 23 years.

"Read it." He encouraged.

I opened the card which was folded in the middle.

"The moon and I." Was the first sentence with his neat masculine handwriting. I continued reading.

"I stayed up through the night;
Because that is when
the moon and I have
our conversations.

I tell her about how I drown
In the sparkle of your
brown eyes and she tells me
about how the sun makes-
even the darkest parts
of- her shine.

  Between seas and galaxies
I was lucky
I stepped on the same land
I dreamed under the same stars
as you."

He had written me a poem, rival to the most famous poems in history. My eyes filled with water. My heart ached. My stomach had been flipping from the moment I read the first sentence.

When I looked up and our eyes connected, the intensity of the look he wore made the butterflies taking over my stomach turn into a stampede of animals.

"Archer, t-this is incredibly brilliant." I said after I had gathered myself enough to form a coherent sentence.

"I'm glad you like it, but it wasn't difficult when I have the perfect source to draw inspiration from."

He chuckled, and then he added "pack a bag before we leave. We won't be staying here tonight." He said as he stroked the pad of his thumb on my cheekbone.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"It's a surprise," the left side of his lips raised in that lopsided smile I loved, "eat."

"Well aren't you being mysterious," I chuckled.

I took a deep breath, "I think I've decided on what we talked about before... you know, going to therapy." I started.