Chapter 13

Archer opened a door to what looked like a guest room where one wall was a window from top to bottom. You could see the twinkling lights of the city and blue lights blaring in the far distance. This apartment was probably the fanciest place I'd ever been.

And when I brought up my bewilderment, Archer looked like it was no big deal. Like he was used to this kind of decadence. Considering the fact that he was a man in his mid twenties I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of his place.

Even if the apartment itself had a modern look, the furniture had a cozy feel to them. He had decorated the place with big soft looking sofas and throw blankets. Pillows that looked well used scattered over sofa. The kitchen looked to be spotless and not a single dust bunny covered the floors.

The guest bedroom he took me to, had less of a personal feel. But it was still nice and almost bigger than my whole studio.

"I'll bring you some clothes, the bathroom is through there, there's towels and everything else you may need in the cupboards." He said and backed away towards the door.

"Thank you" I called out before he left.

I went into the bathroom and of course everything was spotless and decorated in white and sage green.

I opened the shower door and saw some cherry scented shampoo and conditioner of a high brand laying around. Maybe this shower was meant for all the girls he brought home. He didn't come of as a male hungry for women, but it's always the least suspicious ones that ended up being the real assholes. It wasn't like I was his girlfriend so I had no room to judge, but why did the thought leave a bad taste in my mouth?

I quickly stripped the clothes of my body, Archer had a big mirror in here and as I glanced up. I saw my reflection. My curly hair was a mess and I knew getting all the knots out, no matter how much conditioner I used would be a bitch.

My brown skin had a new luster to it, my eyes went towards my thighs. And the white scars on them shone brightly in the bright light of the room.

I instantly turned away and went in the shower.

When I finished I exited the bathroom and my eyes fell on the folded clothes on the end of the bed. Archer had left some sweatpants and a T-shirt for me and a hoodie.

I put on the sweatpants a little scared they might be a bit snug around the ass and thighs. Thankfully they weren't and I had plenty of room to move around. However they were so long I had to roll them up so I wouldn't be stepping on them. The shirt was big and comfy and smelled like laundry detergent that gave of a slight citrus and woodsy smell that I now associated with Archer.

After that was done I dried my hair as best as I could with the towel, and went to the floating glass stairs. It was scarier to walk them alone, I felt like I would fall through at any second so I hurried as best as I could.

When I entered the kitchen I saw Archer standing above the stove stirring something that was sizzling in a pan. He looked so focused I wanted to laugh. But he also looked so casually handsome in his white shirt and grey sweatpants, his hair slightly wet, curlier and darker from a shower, without even trying he made my heart skip a beat and my stomach to flip.

"Hi." I announced my presence as if I hadn't been staring at him for at least a minute.

He startled a little "Oh hey, the foods almost done, have a seat." He gestured towards an island chair, as I approached it I could se he'd set out two plates, two drinking glasses and utensils.

"Do you need any help?" I asked

He immediately said "No, don't worry you're my guest." I sat watching him cook for a few minutes. He was really in the zone. I wasn't that good of a cook, I mostly lived on noodles or pizza I threw in the oven.

Archer took my plate and filled it with what looked to be stir fry. And placed it before me, grabbing his own plate and filling it with food he said "I hope you like it, I usually only cook for my family. But I think they're biased." He shook his head laughing.

"What would you like for a drink?" He asked me.

"Water's fine" I replied.

After Archer filled our glasses with water from a contraption in the fridge, he sat down beside me his arm brushing against mine. His scent instantly envelopes me. I swallowed, hard.

"I mean it smells really good so i highly doubt it'll be bad." I picked up my fork and stabbed a piece of broccoli and a noodle, and took a bite.

I could feel Archers gazing at the side of my face waiting for my reaction. I Immediately felt the rich flavors grazing my tongue, my tastebuds happy with all the .

He had seasoned it perfectly, I instantly started nodding my head when my mouth was busy chewing. Archer gave a low laugh " is that your way of confirming that you like it?."

After a few seconds I nodded while swallowing.
"It's incredible, I don't know why you thought I wouldn't like it." It really was, he definitely had a talent he'd hidden from me. "Try it" I urged him after noticing he hadn't had a bite yet.

He picked up his fork and took a bite and this time I was the one staring at him. The way his jaw worked when he chewed. I said "So...?" Just to stop that thought. His reply was nodding in the exact same rhythm as I did before.

I chuckled, "don't copy, me get your own food rating system."

"So you have a whole system?" He asked after he had swallowed.

"Yeah and nodding means a ten out of ten. Come up with your own" I chuckled, taking another bite.