Chapter 23: Wings of Freedom

Summary:

Naruto reunites with his allies. Itachi searches for his brother. The Wings of Freedom take the stage.
___________________________________

The blond genin gazed up at the bright skies and he flexed his fingers experimentally. He grounded his feet in the soft sand and he raised his palms upwards. Naruto willed the miasmic chakra forward and manifested the strings out of his open hands - Torikage no jutsu -

His blue eyes narrowed thoughtfully as his strings sailed forward rapidly. A large red cloud manifested in the skies and the strings moved downwards, tearing into the landscape.

Naruto gazed around him with narrowed intensity. The perimeter of his cage was increasing with continued training. The tanned genin moved his hands, rotating his wrists experimentally.

He grunted in exertion as he pushed more strings out of his palms. His chest rose and fell in fatigue. Naruto lowered his hands as the large cage covered the premises. The nin heard a low whistle of appreciation and he turned to face his friend. Shisui sat on a boulder, lounging with his long legs swinging back and forth.

The Uchiha grinned wide. "That's fucking terrifying kozo." He reached a pale finger out and hissed as his skin was sliced cleanly.

The nin pulled back with a scowl and glared at him accusingly as he held his bleeding finger to his chest. Naruto rolled his eyes and turned back to his cage walls.

He flexed his fingers and expanded the perimeter of the jutsu, pushing the strings backwards. He gazed up at the red cloud and circled around his cage with attentive eyes.

The genin paused in his steps and he lurched forward suddenly. Naruto ignored his friend's concerned cries of alarm and he clutched his head desperately with a pained groan as the memories assaulted him rapidly.

"Fucking clones," he hissed angrily.

Shisui placed a warm hand on his shoulder and he knelt in front of him inquiringly. Naruto's eyes widened as the memories filtered through. His breath hitched in alarm and his lips quirked upwards in surprise.

He hadn't expected the nin to reach out to him so soon. The genin accepted his friend's hand and stood up with a satisfied smirk.

"Oi, why the happy face? It's totally creepy." Shisui commented with judgement.

Naruto scowled and flexed his fingers, dispelling the cage. He turned and aimed a sharp kick at his mentor's leg. Shisui laughed and stepped away easily. Naruto ignored the irritating Jounin and made his way off the sandy grounds.

He trudged ahead, scowling as his friend raced after him with half-hearted insincere apologies. Naruto whirled around and Shisui squawked in alarm.

The genin's blue eyes lit up and he smirked sharply.

"Someone important is here."

"Who?" Shisui called out.