Chapter 33: Declaration of War

Summary:

Uzushio makes its demands known. Konoha responds. The call to arms is made (Or, declaration of war occurs).
___________________________________

The teen stood at the top of the gate, watching the procession of people at the gates. He watched his friends manning the entry of the lost Uzumakis. A withered woman stepped forward and she took the knife handed to her without hesitation. She sliced her palm open and placed her bloodied hand on the seal. Naruto watched as the seal lit up a red color and she was beckoned inside past the gates.

The population of the village was small but it was growing steadily with each passing day. Naruto stared off into the trees, eyeing the returning scouts and his lips quirked upwards as he waved in greeting.

The kitsune-masked figures waved back and they passed the gates. Naruto headed to his office, nodding at the familiar faces as he made his way down the tower.

"Correspondence from Ame," Shisui huffed as he took off his mask, tossing him the scroll.

Naruto stared at him curiously as he took the scroll.

"How are you both feeling?" He asked, eyeing the two Uchihas.

Sasuke shrugged and he took off his cloak. "We saw him ."

"Oh."

"He chased us down and fought us."

Naruto narrowed his eyes. He looked at his teammate and best friend carefully, cataloging their body for any injuries.

"We're okay." Shisui spoke as he sat down, slumping on the desk.

"How are the others?" Sasuke asked, turning the conversation away from his diabolical brother.

Naruto smiled, relaying the good news.

"They're all fine and unharmed from their missions. You both are the last to arrive. The other villages have corresponded - Ame is with us because of our alliance. Iwa despises Konoha so they said they will send aid if we need it. Kiri loves bloodshed and destruction, they desired it but coordinating our plan with them has risks. Suna and Kumo said they will not interfere; they also gave us their word that they will not inform Konoha of our actions. Oto wants to join our fight but we do not need their aid and certain members do not want any relation with Orochimaru. "

Shisui lifted his head in surprise. "So..." His expression was expectant.

Naruto nodded. "Everything is ready and..." He lifted the scroll, eyes taking in the words of the leader of the Akatsuki. "We have sent our demands to Konoha."

"And?" Shisui stood up, his hand falling to his eyepatch.

"Naturally, they will send out a response team and we will meet them. I am curious what dear Hokage-sama will say to our demands."