Chapter 2: Light Yagami.

(Your p.o.v)

After 20 mins and 14 sec of walk, I finally made it to the university. It was a large gray mansion with the wording 'To-oh University' on it.(a/n: sorry if it's not actually like that. Just pretend it is.)

The yard was full of people gathering around. It was full chaos. I liked it. I always found it soothing to be in complete disaster and hated being in centre of attention. I made my way to the room B16 just as said in the letter I received from the university.

It was not very far. Just along the corridor and to the left. As I was at the front of the door, I noticed the classroom was just like the yard; complete chaos. I mentally sighed in relief and made my way to the seat at the complete back hoping it was not taken. Hopefully, it was!!!(a/n: note the sarcasm)I finally found a place at the front. Yaaay...not.

Waiting for the class to start, I watched the students talking among themselves. I may not be a great fan of socialization yet I like to watch how certain people react to certain situation. Call me creepy but I find it...interesting.

Now that I have looked around,THERE ARE TWO WEIRDOS CONSTANTLY STARING AT ME!!!One looked like he was the teacher's favourite. His hair looked pretty much like Justin Bieber. I was disgusted.(a/n: sorry for those who actually like Jb. I just hate him.).The other one looked more like a badass who would refuse to wear shoes or sleep. He looked pretty cool but he is still a weirdo to me...

After 12 mins and 44 sec, the class finally started with my most hated subject, self-confidence class. It was so stupid.The teacher came in and wrote his name on the white-board. He then told us to introduce ourselves one by one and of course it had to be started with me. My legs and arms started to shake like crazy as I went in front of the class.There was a rush of adrenaline in my body."M-my name'-s H-hailin." all I could do was stutter my fake name. Then I turned around to walk to my place asap when the teacher called me."Wait, you can't just tell your name. You need give us some information about you. We will stick together for one whole year, after all. Besides, I don't think they even heard you." he said mentioning to the class.

I shot him a death glare. Did he not see that I was not the type to talk?! All the shyness I had in me suddenly turned into anger. "Well, my name is Hailin. What else would you wanna know?" I said in a harsh tone rather to him than the whole class."What about your family. What are your parents' job?"

That question made me clench my fist. He had absolutely no right to ask about personal things. Without thinking I replied "Well, my dad left a few years after I was born because he did not want a child and my mom is paralyzed due to a car accident so I pretty much have to do a part time job so that my mother and I can get a living."

Everyone in the class seemed either shocked or sorry except the two weirdos who just kept a straight face. That's when I regained my senses and felt an awful pain in my hands. As I looked at them, I realised that I was clenching my fist so hard that blood started to drain out of it.

I looked at the teacher who had noticed and nodded in both comprehension and agreement. I rushed to the infirmary where a nurse bandaged my hands.

[time skip]

(Light's p.o.v)

I need to look for that girl. I already know Hailin's not her real name since Ryuk has been laughing uncontrollably when she said that. For all I know, she could be a spy just like Naomi Misora.

'Oh god, I need to find her name so I can kill her...' I thought. As I waited at the door of infirmary, the girl finally came out, her hands now bandaged.

I put on my best fake smile and went to her."Hey Hailin, are you alright? Oh! How rude of me, my name is Light Yagami.'' She seemed a little bit startled at first but then regained her expressionless face and started to walk I don't know where. I followed her. She really has the same personality as L...
"Yeah ,I'm fine. What do you want." 'Hmm, monotone voice. I'm starting to think she is L's sister or something like that.' "Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch with me?"

She stopped in her track and looked at me. After a short time she bluntly replied"No."I frowned to that and asked why. She rolled her eyes in annoyance and sighed.'Rude...'I thought."I don't like you. You're weird. Besides,Yagami spelled backwards gives Imagay. I do not want to be seen with you." I froze to that. I have to kill her.To avenge my pride.

But I can't show her my anger. She might use this against me later on. She's pretty smart. "Haha! Yeah ,I just realised that."

Just as I was about to try to convince her, one of my friends called me."Hey Light,you coming or what? "I smiled at him.' That baka, I'm gonna strangle him.'I thought."Well, seems like I have to go. If you change your mind, I will be in the cafeteria."

I waved her goodbye. She just shrugged it off and made her way to I don't know where. 'I must kill her as soon as possible.' I thought.

(A/n: Light I hate you so much.Y u no die already! Hope you enjoyed the story. Sorry for any grammatical errors.)