Chapter 77: Never.

(L's p.o.v)

The rooms around us faded away. I sighed in relief. It was finally over. The image of the saloon slowly started to form again.

The first I saw was Y/n sitting on the ground hugging her dad. He was laying lifelessly in the ground. My hands started trembling but I ignored it and cane to Y/n's side. As soon as she felt my touch, she hugged me and cried on my shoulder. I hugged her tightly. "L..." She said. "Shhh. Its over now." I said as I patted her head. She tightened her grip on me and I did the same.

(Neha's p.o.v)

This is so sad. Y/n dad died in her arms. Even more, she is the one who killed him. My poor friend. You've have got such a hard life. I feel sorry for you.

L came close to Y/n and hugged her. 'I NEED TO TAKE A P- NO!! Right now is not the moment to, Neha' I said to myself.

Y/n hugged her and said his name. 'This is so c- stop it!! This is so not appropriate to fangirl in such a situation.'

"Shhh. Its all over now." 'WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAKING THIS HARDER FOR ME!!!'

They tightened their hug.

'Fuck it!' I slowly took my phone it of my pocket as discretely as possible and pointed the camera towards them. I took a picture and restrained myself from looking at it so not to fangirl.

God, I should really to take fangirl management classes...

(Third person's p.o.v)

Everybody left one by one, knowing it was better to let y/n alone for sometime. Apart from L. He stayed and watched as y/n gradually calmed down. He wore a worried expression.

He had the urge to hold her hand tightly and tell her to leave all of this behind. Tell her that she had no reason to search for her past. Tell her to stop suffering. Tell her to stop making herself so tired. Tell her to look only at the present. Tell her that he was with her now. Tell her how much he loved her. Tell her she was his life. He wanted to get down on one knee in from of her and show her this ring that was actually in his pocket.

But he restrained himself. He knew he had to stop being so selfish and think about y/n. Think about how much she craved to know her past. How much she wanted to solve the mystery of her powers. How much she wanted to know why she was not 'normal'.

L would never let Y/n down. Ever. This was the promise he made when he, for the first time and hopefully last time, dreamt.
But what exactly had happened in this dream?

(Your p.o.v)

"I'm sorry..." I said when I finally calmed down. I was looking down at the floor, resisting the urge to cry again. L lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. He gave me a questioning look. "I'm sorry for dragging you down with me. I'm a horrible selfish person." The words came out so monotone. Just as if I was a robot.

L shook my shoulders then cupped my face. "What are you saying y/n?! That's only natural to be wanting to know about your past! You are not selfish at all. You are human. And I'm here with you. I will always be here."

I looked into his eyes and knew he was not lying.

"Maybe I'm not selfish. Maybe I deserve to know the truth. But tell me, don't you want it to stop?" He stayed silent.

"Do you really deserve to bare all of this?" He looked down. A long silence proceeded.

Then, all of a sudden, he pulled me into a huh. "Stop asking so stupid questions, y/n" he said. "I'm not baring anything. I'm just  helping you."

I pulled away and looked at him, tears in my eyes. "But aren't you tired of me?" He nodded no. "I would never feel tired for you."

(A/n: I'm just saying that I know this chapter is very crappy. So sorry.

Also you probably don't care but its like my birthday today. Hehe 😅)