Chapter 10: Baking with L.

(A/n:150+reads. Yeah, it happened. Thank you so much. Now, imma bake a cake for you.)

(Your p.o.v)

I took out all the ingredients that we needed to do a strawberry cake while L stared at me like it was a demonstration in a laboratory, his thumb on his lips.

(L's p.o.v)

What is she doing? I thought we just needed to add flour and water to make a cake but this sounds rather much more complicated.

"Excuse me to interrupt you Miss Hailin but I thought we just needed to add flour and water and put it in the oven to bake a cake."

She glanced at me and continued to pour some milk in a bowl, a strand of her (h/c) hair falling on her face.

"Well, it is true we can do that for commercial cakes but if you want to make a home-made cake, you must also add eggs, milk, sugar, food colouring, flavours, bla bla bla bla..."

She kept talking as my eyes widened at the amount of ingredients that were added in a cake. By the time she finished talking, she had already set everything.

I kept wondering. "But then, what is added in a commercial cake?" "Commercial powder. It contains a lot of chemicals which are not good for your body if taken in excess. By the way you eat, I am wondering why you haven't got diabetes type 2 yet..." she trailed off and I just shrugged as reply.

"Okay, so you wanna measure the flour or break the eggs?" I looked at her in a curious way. "Why would someone even measure flour. This is very difficult." She gave me an 'are you serious?'-face and just      said " We must always put an exact quantity of flour in a cake and how the hell can you tell me this is difficult? That's the easiest thing you can do in baking."

I was confused once more. "But how do we count the amount of flour we must use? Doesn't it take long?"

She had a shocked expression plastered on her face. "Ryuzaki, the world's greatest detective is asking me a stupid question like that?! " I asked her to explain what was wrong with my question and she just chuckled and said that I was adorable.

She thinks I'm adorable. That feeling is definitely back. I should go see a doctor but it is not like I'm actually going to.

(Your p.o.v)

It was cute the way Ryuzaki was confused. "Your adorable Ryuzaki." 'Wait, why the fuck did I say that. He will think that I'm a creep. (a/n: sorry to interrupt you but while writing this sentence, I thought of a song. Go check it out. It's called 'creep' by 'radiohead'. It is awesome.) A blush of embarassement crept on my face but hopefully Ryuzaki couldn't see it because of the hair on my face.

"So," I said trying to change the subject, "this is how you measure flour." I poured the flour into the weight scale while Ryuzaki nodded.

"This is a pretty easy task to do." he mumbled with his thumb on his lower lip. I chuckled again but then remembered what happened last time and what I said and stopped, my face showing desperation.

Just like when a person could not follow his dream and when he thinks of it he makes that face. I don't know why I do that but it just happens everytime.

Ryuzaki obviously saw that and asked me what was wrong. I just said nothing with a gentle smile and he just shrugged it off.

I started to add the egg yolk to the flour while Ryuzaki enjoyed whipping the egg white with that electric stuff and thing. Can't remember its name.

[Time skip to cake decoration.]

I told Ryuzaki to apply the whipping cream on the white cake after he had finished to pour syrup on the cake to give its spongy structure. He nodded and did as told. I could tell his mouth was watering by the way he looked at the cake. I just hope he won't eat it right away.

He finished applying whipping cream and ate the rest of the it. At least, that's what I thought. He put some on my face while I was putting strawberries on the cake.

To that, I ran after him with a hammer and knocked him out.

Just kidding, I ran after him with flour in my hands and put it all over his face as soon as he was in reach.

By that time, it was probably seven thirty am and we were both laughing out loud. Wow, that is the first time I saw Ryuzaki actually laughing. He had a husky laugh just like his voice.