Chapter 93: The end (part 2).

"I left the accident scene. Y/d/n stayed there, still on his knees, weeping. I felt so scared like never before. My heart was beating at an unhealthily quick pace. I wanted to run so much but I knew if I did so my whole plan would fail. 'I have to go away from here,' I kept telling myself. 'Far, far away from him.' I told myself I had to go pack my stuff and leave the country, the continent. Oh I remember everything so clearly. I remember how I clutched my arms so tightly and how I struggled to keep the tears from falling. I even recall how that policeman brushed my shoulder and I instantly jumped. He asked me if I was feeling alright and my little frightened soul just nodded quickly and walked away. God, I never felt so scared in my life ever before. 

When I finally returned home, the first thing I did was rush to my room and open my closet. I threw almost everything I had to wear in a suitcase. By that time, tears were dripping out of my eyes profusely as I helplessly tried to clear my head and work out a plan to escape Y/d/n. I was so frustrated that I didn't even notice the little black notebook lying innocently on the counter of the kitchen. Only when I was just about to leave the house that I did. 

From the corner of eye, I saw it and hoped so much it was my mind playing a trick on me. In my head, a battle lead about whether I should turn my head or go straight ahead. 'Was it mine? The deathnote? I don't even know if it is a deathnote.' I thought.  'Fuck it.' I turned around. I instantly regretted it. 

Slowly, I walked to the death weapon. I had only one wish; write my name in it. I was careful enough to examine it without touching it. I tried so hard to find a resemblance to the deathnote that I used to own. I couldn't. Not even a single fucking detail. Afterall, it was 90% probable that all those damned things were identical. 

I tried so hard to resist, y/n, oh god, I tried. I'd scream at it and at myself, cried and, jesus, I even started to laugh like some kind of crazy bitch, thinking it was gonna change anything. Of course, the situation remained exactly the same. 

'Was it  brought to me by Y/d/n? Why would he even do that?' I thought. Maybe if I had took the time to read all these bloody rules, it'd help me clear my mind. But I didn't, so the only way to know was to touch it.'

'And so I did. God, do I regret this awful decision.'

'A gigantic creature appeared in front of me, an my Shinigami. It was bigger, fiercer, overall looking more powerful. It scared me shitless and I felt all of my courage, if I even had some originally, vanish. I gulped down a rather big amount of saliva. I could break eye contact with him, as much as I tried to. By that time, my tears had already dried away. Silence reigned for a few minutes until the demon-like creature finally spoke up. "You.." he started, pointing down on me, "...have an interesting life. How about I spicen it up a little?" Confused, I furrowed my eyebrows. " Everything you said just moments ago, in such a proud tone, what if it all came true." "W-What do you mean?" "Your sayings will come true!" He simply exclaimed, lifting his 'arms' in the air. 

"But not exactly the same. You said Y/n and Beyond would get powers of a Shinigami. They will. But partially. See, Beyond will get the powers related to the left part of the brain. All the analytic thinking. And Y/n, she'll get the right side of the brain. Later, you might wanna google the parts of the brain and what they control, considering how confused you look. Also, I can't make you rule the Shinigami realm, for it would mean you'd take my place. Instead, I'll make you the vice, you see? The rest will  run exactly as told. Y/m/n will die, Y/d/n will live in the Shinigami realm, which on itself is a real hell. Aren't you happy?"

I started shaking. It wasn't a dream. It was the reality. His words, they were my future.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: What's up! So, how are the Christmas preparations going?  I wanna go write the fluffy parts so much, I miss it.

Song is Portugal. The Man; Evil Friends.

Memory Of A Dream.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें