Chapter 63: We're all on the same side.

(A/n: I'm thinking of changing the name of the book. What do you think? I know the actual name is soooooooo original but yeah.) 

(Neha's p.o.v)

I was waiting outside of Y/n's room impatiently. When L came out, I immediately stood. "So, how is she doing? " I asked. "She is awake. Beyond is talking to her right now but I guess you can visit her after that." He replied.

Something sounded off about him, though. He was more monotone than ever. I decided to look after that afterwards, already being worried enough about my friend.

While waiting, I heard some shouts and then sobs. Poor Y/n. She must be strong all the time. I would like to help her in any possible way but I feel powerless. I opened the door and saw my best friend sitting on the bed. As soon as she saw me, she smiled and extended her arms. I immediately went to her side and hugged her tightly.

I pulled back and asked her if she was feeling alright. "I'm fine. Don't worry about that." She replied. "You made another one of those dreams, didn't you?" I asked. She looked down and nodded.

She told me everything that happened. Even her conversation with Beyond. "Wow." I said. "That must  be... intense." she laughed lightly to my comment. There was a long silence. "I want it to stop." She said finally. I looked at her sadly. I was going to say something but she interrupted me. " But I know it is not that easy. I have to fight my dad and I will."

There were tears in her eyes but it only hid hatred and determination. I somehow found myself in this. There were times when I felt like this. I held her hand.  "I will always be on your side." I smiled gently.

(L's p.o.v)

I punched the wall. My girlfriend is in trouble and I can't do anything about it. " You should use this energy efficiently. Not in breaking things. I looked around and saw Beyond. "What do you want." I said angrily.

He sighed. "Look, at first, I was not happy that my sister chose you as boyfriend. But then, I realized she made the best choice by doing so. You love her, that is obvious. And you will do anything to protect her." That was true. I would do anything for her.

"And she needs your support right now. She is going to fight dad." My eyes widened as I looked at him. He nodded in affirmation.

"Wow. This must be hard for you." I said. "Not as hard as for her." he replied. "So, now you know what to do." I nodded with determination and rushed out of the room.

(Y/n's p.o.v)

Neha had left me to fetch something. I was looking at my hands when suddenly felt someone hugging me. I knew it was L and hugged him back. "I'm with you." He whispered gently.