Speed Of Sound

She wasn't sure how she should begin this conversation but it was something that she needed to say. She knew that this conversation was bound to happen sooner or later but she didn't think that it would be this nerve wrecking.

"Hey baby, come in."

Bonnie stepped in her grandmother’s house and walked straight to the kitchen. She grabbed herself a glass of water and sat down at the table. She waited for Sheila to take her seat then she began.

"I'm kind of in a bind." She opened.

"A bind?" Sheila questioned.

"I haven't talked to Stefan yet but my birthday is coming up and I was thinking about…turning."

Bonnie looked up and saw the surprised look on her grandmother’s face. She waited for her to soak up her words then she continued.

"The thing is that I want to be a witch I love what I am but I want to live with Stefan forever."

There was a pregnant pause and Bonnie just wanted her grams to say something. With a deep breath it was Sheila's turn to speak.

"There is a way."

Sheila was in a bind herself. She would never wish vampirism on anyone and she most defiantly didn't want her granddaughter to become one. On the other hand Sheila did want Bonnie to be happy and if she wanted to live forever with her husband then she shouldn't stop it.

"When you make your daylight ring there's a spell that you could use to store your powers inside it."

Bonnie was glad to hear that she could be a vampire-witch hybrid type creature. She knew that her grandmother wasn't a big fan of vampires and didn't want her to become one but this is what she wanted.

She loves Stefan with all that she is and she knows that he loves her even more. If she had to live forever she would gladly do it as long as Stefan was by her side.

Sheila took out her grimoire and showed Bonnie the spell. She wrote it down and placed the paper in her purse. They shared a hug and Sheila walked Bonnie out.

"Before I let you go Bonnie I have to ask you something. You don't have to answer but just think, think and ask yourself do you really want to live forever. Can you handle your friends and your family aging throughout life and eventually die while you stay alive? Can you handle all the hurt and pain that you might feel and have those emotions be heightened? If the answer is yes then go ahead I won’t think of you any differently but if it is no then don't do it or if you're not sure think again. Sure being a vampire has its perks but it also has a lot of downfalls. I'm sure you know what I mean by that. I just want you to think about what you're doing and not let the love you have for Stefan over cloud your judgment."

Bonnie nodded processing her grams words. She did have a point- was she just blinded by the love or is this something that she wants. She would love to live with Stefan forever but could she take seeing her friend’s and family age without her? Could she handle the emotional roller coaster that she could be getting herself into?

Bonnie had a lot to think about so before heading home so she took a detour to the park. Whenever she needed to think about something or just get away she would always head to the park. Everyone in her old neighborhood were too old to be hanging around parks so she was always the only one there. She enjoyed the silence and ran her grandmother’s questions through her head. She kicked herself higher on the swing.

"How long before I get in?

Before it starts, before I begin?

How long before you decide?