Chapter 1

This book was started on October 2013, so if you guys see any similar stories to my story or a story that has an exact same plot with this story please inform me.

I'm truly sorry if some parts of this book offended you but I can assure you I didn't mean to offend you. This book is categorized as fiction so don't take everything seriously.

All Rights Reserved © ohhlala_77

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Chapter 1

Have you ever felt unwanted? Unworthy? Abandoned? All at once?

Welcome to my life.

My name's Cassidy Taylor, currently 17 years old. I have long brunette locks, matching brown eyes and I am around 5"5 tall.

To put it simply, my mom is dead. She died when I was 10 years old, in a car crash, whilst driving to my piano concert.

Maybe you might understand my way of thinking, the reason why I blame myself for her untimely death. I can't help it, but every reason for her death just seems to point a flashing fluorescent arrow at me. Even my father blames me; I suppose that's why he beats me.

Sad life, right?

I do have someone that loves me though, my protector, my brother, but he's in college. He can't protect me from my father's wrath anymore. So now, I have no one on my side I'm all alone. And the worst thing is I have to face this all by myself.

Flashback

I came home from the park and entered our front door. When I did, I found my dad slumped on the floor with a beer in his hands.

I sighed sadly and went over to help him up, resulting in a stinging slap to my cheek.

"You bitch! You killed your own mother! If it wasn't for you, she would still be alive!" He slurred angrily.

He raised his hand again and brought it down even harder on my face. I bit my trembling lip to stop myself from crying and breaking down in front of him, he would be even angrier if I did.

I'm sure there was going to be a bruise by the next day.

"If it wasn't for your fucking piano contest, your fucking mother would still be here! With us! Alive! We wouldn't be a fucking broken family!" He shouted with so much venom.

I flinched at his words, overwhelmed with guilt. I didn't even see his boot come into contact with my stomach, but I felt it. I screamed out in pain, coughing up flecks of blood on the floor. I used the floor as my support, with my hand against the tiles.

He continued yelling profanities at me as I cried a never-ending stream of tears, not caring anymore if he could see I was weak. Suddenly there was a crash of a broken door, my brother stepped into the room, taking in the scene, reacting quickly and punching dad.

Hard.

"What the fuck is going on?" He exclaimed, running quickly to my side.

"She's the reason why your mom died, don't take her fucking side."

That seemed to alarm my brother because he wasted no time and strode towards my dad.

"It isn't her fault! Don't ever blame her! Do you think mom would be happy with what you are doing to her?" He bellowed.

My dad narrowed his eyes at my brother.

"Do you think I care? Cause I fucking don't! She doesn't even deserve to be alive" My father growled, his voice loaded with disgust.

"What kind of father are you?! I'll tell you- a shit one!" My brother yelled, raining another harsh punch down on my dad again.

"Shut the hell up! You have no fucking right to fucking hit me! I'm your bloody father! Trust me, you don't want to get into a fight with me!" Dad threatened before punching my brother square in the face.

I shrank further back into the corner chanting reassuring words to myself. I was so scared that he might come onto me again.

My brother groaned, trying to wipe the blood away from his lips with the back of his hand but only smearing it further across his face.

"You lost that title a long time ago. You've never treated my sister right! You beat the shit out of her. Ever since our mom died!" My brother retorted.

He decided that it was safe to move and ran towards me, hugging me tightly against his heaving chest. He quickly carried me upstairs to my room. Leaving my drunk and monstrous father down there.

"I love you so much Cass, no matter what happens, never blame yourself for something that you didn't do, okay?" He consoled me, whispering softly as he ruffled my hair.

I nodded, but the truth was..

I would always blame myself for what this family had become.

End of flashback

I trundled up to my room and curled into a ball, sobbing softly, shoulders heaving as I relived the memory. Dad was right, it was my fault. Mom didn't deserve to die, she was the kindest person I knew, so why? Just why? Why didn't I die instead? It's not like anyone wants me anyway.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is my first time to write a book so please forgive me for my poor grammar :)

Please Vote! :) Thank you for reading! :)

-ohhlala_77