Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Recap:

And when he opened the door I froze and so did Carson.

••••••••••••••••

"What happened?" Carson asked Rachel who is crouching on the floor with her face in her hands.

I spotted the picture of Carson's older brother beside her and it seems like Carson saw it because he became rigid, his face instantly paled.

"Call my dad," he told me, voice breaking at the end of the sentence.

"Okay," I answered in a small voice as I watch Carson swiveling towards her.

Carson pulled her to him and rocked her back and forth in a comforting manner.

It's really heart breaking to see them like this, Carson shedding his tears as he look at her mom and the picture.

Remembering what Carson told me to do, I fished my phone out of my bag and dialed Carson's dad. He immediately picked up after the third ring.

"Hello? Cassidy is there something wrong?" He answered with a warm voice.

"It's Rachel," I replied with a small voice, my eyes glued at the scene before me.

"Shit. I'm coming," he hung up with that, his voice panicky.

I put my phone back in my bag after that and I turned to looked at them with tears clouding my vision.

"H-he left us," Rachel sobbed in Carson's arms.

"I know mom, he left me too. And it's my fault. It hurts so much to see you like this again, mom. Please stop crying, I'm sorry." Carson's voice broke when he said the last line.

I bit back a sob and let my tears fall freely, I can't even look at them without my heart breaking. It's like my heart is being crushed over and over.

I felt like I'm so useless, I can't even do anything about this, but them? They are always there by my side, especially when they found out that my dad's abusing me.

They're always on my side, making me feel complete and loved.

I was startled by the cold gust of wind that stung my skin, making me turn around and shiver at the same time.

I found Carson's dad standing on the doorway with an unreadable expression plastered on his face. He then averted his gaze at me.

"Thank you for calling me." John said in a hushed voice the moment he reached me.

I nodded slighty, unsure of what am I gonna do, I wiped my tears but as soon as I turned around to look at them, fresh tears burned my eyes. This time I felt the lump forming on the back of my throat.

They don't deserve this.

They've been nothing but my family for the past few months, all of them treated me like I was really part of their family. I can't even think of any reason for them to suffer like this.

John's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Carson, son, I think it's best for you and Cassidy to go up. I'll take care of this." John patted Carson's back lightly.

Carson's grip on Rachel loosened instantly, he gave Rachel a kiss on the forehead before pulling away. He made his towards me with his cheeks stained with tears.

"Let's go," he said in a raspy voice.

He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me towards the stair case, before I take a step, I took a last glimpse at them. Rachel has now removed her face from her hands. Cheeks stained with tears, she look at John sniffing and you could really ses that she's hurt.