Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Carson's POV

"Let's go get your ice cream." I told her as I reach out for her hand and kissed it.

"Where do you want to buy your ice cream?" I smile at her and grab my keys.

"Ice cream parlor!" She shrieks as she skip to my car like a 5 year old girl.

"You're so cute!" I told her as I entered the driver's seat and I pinched her cheeks.

"Ice cream parlor here we go!" She screams and giggles.

I just laugh back in return. I really am falling for her.

Hard.

To tell you the truth, I'm scared because this is the first time a girl made me feel like this.

"Uhm.. Carson why aren't you driving?" Cass' voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, right."

I glanced at her to see if she buckled her seatbelt and it turns out that she isn't. So I reached over her, our faces nearly touching as I reach for her seatbelt as I heard her suck in a deep breath so I leaned closer that my lips are touching her ears.

"You forgot to buckle your seatbelt cupcake." I whispered huskily in her ears to tease her.

I pulled away from her to buckle her seatbelt before buckling my own. I started the engine and I started to pull away from the parking lot. I glanced at Cass and saw that she's leaning her head against the window, she looks like she's deep in thoughts with her eyebrows furrowed.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I said, breaking the silence.

She bolt up and sat straight the moment I said that. She faced me and I found tears brimming in her eyes, so I immediately parked the car on the side of the road.

I unbuckled my seatbelt so that I can reach her and wipe her tears. I cupped her face in my hands as I used my thumb to brush the tears that ecaped her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I murmured.

"E-everybody knew that my father is abusing me, and because of that they're going to treat me differently and I don't want that to happen." she sobbed helplessly.

I pulled her to my arms as I stroke her soft hair.

"Everybody might treat you differently but you want to know a secret?" I asked her.

I felt her head nod on my chest so I leaned down and whispered in her ear the words that I tend to say.

"I won't treat you differently, I will treat you just the way you want me to. No matter what happens I'll be here for you okay?" I said.

She lift her head from my chest to look at me. I saw that her tears are already dry and her emotion was replaced by adoration and happiness.

"Really?" she asked me in disbelief.

"Yes. Do you still want the ice cream?" I asked her wishing she would say no because I have a plan for tonight.

"Uhm.. Is it okay if we do it tomorrow cause I'm really exhausted and I want to sleep." she yawned.

"No problem." I smiled at her as I grab her small hands in my while my other hand on the steering wheel.

I started to drive again as I plan out what I'm going to need for tonight's surprise, after all her sacrifices she needs happiness. After a few minutes of driving we reached my house.