Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I felt someone put one arm under my back and under my legs. I felt that I'm being carried my someone.

Then that's when everything came back to me.

My dad.

Shouting at me.

Beating me.

Carson comforting me then bringing me to his house.

He put me down on a soft thing which I think is a couch. I opened my eyes to find white walls surrounding me.

Some pictures that are displayed on the table and dark brown tiled floor. I looked up and saw a big chandelier.

Boy. This guy's rich. I know his rich but not this rich!

"Who are you?" I heard a little girl's voice behind me.

She has the cutest voice I've ever heard. I turned around to find a small girl cradling a doll in her arms.

She has blue eyes, brown shoulder length hair. I assumed that this is Carson's sister by her looks.

"I'm Cassidy," I smiled at her widely.

She giggled and ran towards the couch where I'm currently seated.

She sat next to me, bouncing up and down making me bounce slightly as well.

"Will you play with me?" She chirped, putting her puppy dog eyes.

How can I resist a cute girl like this?

"Of course sweetie. What's your name?" I pinched her cheeks softly.

"I'm Madeline," she giggled again.

"How old are you Mady?"

"Four, can you be my playmate?"she asked putting her puppy dog eyes, again.

"Of course sweetie," I smiled widely that it literally hurts.

She squealed and jumped into my arms to hug me.

"Oww," I slightly winced from the embrace.

My body still aching from my father's beating.

"Mads! What are you doing? Be careful!" I heard Carson's voice behind us.

I heard his footsteps shuffling towards us.

"I'm sowy Cashidy." she looks like she's about to cry.

I shook my head and smiled at her.

"It's fine Mady." I assured her.

"Reawy?" She asked me, her big blue eyes widened.

"Yes really." I ruffled her hair.

"Otay! Bye," she got up and ran away.

Carson approached me and sat beside me holding a wet cloth. He started to wipe the blood from my lips, I stared at his blue green eyes seeing some light blue streaks.

"So.. You met Mads," he said out of no where.

I nodded not knowing what to say. I stared at his lips again, he's saying something but I can't make it out. All I see is his pink lips parting open and close.

"Earth to Cass are you listening?" he waved his hands in front of me, trying to catch my attention.

"Sorry, what? I did't quite catch it." I answered as I felt a blush crept up my face.

"I said do you want to stay here tonight?" He quirked his eyebrow at me.

"What? Where will I sleep? There's school tomorrow. What will I wear tomorrow? And my father. Oh god my father. He'll beat me again. I might go to school having a black eye or-- maybe worse than that. What will-"