Chapter 30

Chapter 30

An earpiercing scream awakened me from my sleep which was awesome by the way. Then out of no where someone shook my body violently and it made me slap whoever it is.

I'm not a morning person okay?

"Ouch," I heard a girly voice yelp, then sooner I realized that it's Rachel's voice.

My eyes immediately fluttered open the moment realization hit me, I just hit the mother of my boyfriend. I slapped my forehead mentally.

Smart move Cass, real smart.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you." I got up from the bed ignoring the fact that I'm feeling a little light headed.

I said sorry over and over at Rachel when I saw her palm located at her right cheek.

"It's fine, get up you don't want to be late for school." She smiled at me, making me feel more guilty than I already was.

"I'm really sorry for slapping you," I frowned, clearly disappointed with myself.

She burst out in a fit of giggles with an amused look painted on her face.

"You really thought that you slapped me?" She giggled again.

Huh? I'm sure as hell I slapped someone or something.

"I didn't?" I asked her bemused.

"You hit the pillow if you didn't notice, I just acted so that you'll get up." She laughed once again making me pout in return.

"Oh."

"Go and get ready, there's a bright day ahead of you. Oh and I made breakfast." She grinned.

"Thank you. You know I owe you big time. First, you let me sleep in your house until my dad is put to jail, then you always treated me like your own daughter, you also wake me up every morning. I pretty much owe you my life." I sauntered towards her and gave her a hug.

"Aw honey, you don't have to thank me, I've always dreamed of having a daughter like you and like I said you don't owe me anything because bringing the old Carson back is way more than enough." She patted my back gently.

Here we go again.. With the old Carson stuff that I don't know.

I pulled away from Rachel and get ready, I told her that I'll be down in ten. The moment she exited the room I ran towards the bathroom and quickly strip my pyjamas off. I brushed my teeth before going in the shower. I let the warm water run through my skin, once I was contented I grabbed my vanilla shampoo and squirted some on my palm.

It took me another 5 minutes to rinse my shampoo and body wash off. After that I wrapped my fluffy towel around me before going out.

I walked towards my closet and picked out my undergarments, then I pulled a peach sleeveless blouse and a faded blue jeans.

Guess I'm not the geeky Cassidy today. I don't know how I remembered my dad, sometimes I wonder where has he gone. Then sometimes I feel like someone's watching me.

"Cass! You're late for school," Rachel's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Coming!" I quickly shook the thoughts away as I slip on my pair of flats, which is peach by the way.

I scurried my way towards the desk where my make up kit is located. I applied a swipe of mascara and a swipe of lip gloss.

After that I took a last glance of my reflection, I went out of the room and literally ran towards the dining room.