Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I told the taxi driver Carson's address and drive me there as fast as he could. It took him 10 minutes of driving before I saw the familiar houses near Carson's. I payed the fare and went out. I ran towards their front door and rang the door bell. I rang the door bell for the second time, I was about to ring it again when someone opened the door.

I saw those blue green eyes again. I hugged him tightly the moment I saw him. I think it took him by surprise cause the moment I hugged him he didn't hug me back at first. It took a few seconds before I felt two warm arms wrapped around my waist.

"Shh.. Let it all out cupcake." he cooed.

He stroked my hair and rubbed my back soothingly like he always do. He pulled me inside his house. His arms are still wrapped around my waist.

"Wait for me on the couch, I'll just get you a hot chocolate." His hand touches the side of my head, leaning forward as his lips brush the top of my head.

I really need to work on my courage, I don't want to be his punching bag anymore. Maybe I should move to another apartment. But I can't I need to wait for my birthday which is on december. 6 months til I become a legal teenager. 6 months and I can get away from my dad.

I saw Carson walk towards me holding a mug of hot chocolate. I smiled weakly at him. He handed me the hot chocolate and sat beside me.

"You want to talk about what happened?" he asked softly.

"My brother's back." I smiled weakly at him.

"He's the one who made you cry?!" he growled.

I shook my head furiously. There's no way my brother's going to make me cry.

Not in a million years.

"No. It's my dad" my voice croaked when I said 'dad'.

"He beat you again?" he shouted and his eyes held anger and sympathy.

"Yes.. He even called me a slut." I looked down and fiddled my finger as my hot tears stain my cheeks.

"He doesn't have the right to call you that!" he shouted.

I flinched at his sharp voice. He seems to notice it because he scooted closer to me and lift my chin up with his index finger.

"Shit. I'm sorry cupcake. I didn't mean to shout. I'm just so mad at your dad!" He said in a much calmer voice.

"It's okay I'm just surprised with your tone."

My tears streaming faster which caused my vision to be blurry. Carson caught my tears with his thumb. He brushed my tears away softly using his thumb. He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his chest while sobbing. I sobbed for 5-10 minutes I think?

I pulled away and looked at Carson.

"Thank you for being my friend. Especially when I need you to be one." I smiled weakly but what I said is sincere.

"I'm glad that I can help cupcake. Just call me anytime when you need a friend or someone to talk to." he smiled at me.

Oh god.

That smile again, my heart instantly melted with the scene before me. My heart's speed is beating 2 times faster than usual.

"Uhm.. thank you again. I need to go before my brother goes crazy." I told him.

"Are you sure you want to go home? You can stay here if you want to." He shrugged like it's nothing.

"Thank you but I don't want my brother to worry about me." I smiled apologetically.