Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I sat down next to Carson with Mady across me who's giving me a wave. I gave her a small smile and looked at Carson's family. Rachel smiled at me as I returned her smile.

"I'll get the baked lasagna in the kitchen." Rachel stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"I'll help her." I excused myself and stood up before following her in the kitchen.

I saw Rachel pulling the lasgna out of the oven. I walk towards her and help her by grabbing the mitten and hold the sides of the container.

"Thank you honey. You shouldn't have come here, your our guest." she smiled at me.

"It's okay." I smiled at her.

"What happened to you a while ago?" she asked me with a worried expression on her gorgeous face.

"I-I"

"Mom! What's taking you so long? I'm starving!" Carson cut me off

Thank god.

"Wait a minute!" Rachel shouted back but her eyes are still piercing into mine.

"We'll talk about it later." she demanded me.

I have no choice but to agree so I nodded. She walked out of the kitchen with the lasagna on her hand. I sighed and followed her the moment I walked in their dinning room I saw Carson giving me an eye signal. I gave him a questioning look because I seriously don't understand what sign he's giving me. He sighed and mouthed a 'later' to me.

I sat beside him and faced him. He leaned closer to me and stopped when he's mouth is touching my ears.

"I'll talk to you after dinner." He whispered in my ear as I shiver. He's breath tickled my ears.

"Kids, keep it PG down there." Carson's dad said.

Carson pulled away from me as my blush creep on my face. I looked at Carson with my peripheral vision and saw that his face is slightly pink as well. Both of Carson's parents burst out laughing as I blush harder.

"Mom, dad shtop it. Cashidy is like a tomato alweady." Mady suddenly spoke which made the both of them stop.

Both of Carson's parents kept quiet while their mouth slightly agape. They blinked their eyes simultaneously like they can't believe what Mady said.

"Thank you Mads." Carson let out a deep breath

Mady giggled and smiled widely while their parents recover from the shocking outburst from Mady. I smiled weakly and started to eat the lasagna that Rachel made.

"This is so delicious." I told Rachel.

"Thank you honey." she blushes slightly

I continue to dig on my food as I noticed that Carson is staring at me with a glint of amusement in his eyes. I stopped eating and placed my fork down before swallowing my food.

"What?" I asked him

"You eat like a man who never ate for years." he chuckled

"I'm hungry." I whined and stick my tongue out at him playfully.

He smiled at me, every time he smiles at me the more my feeling towards him grow. I quickly look away and started to dig in again. After a few minutes of eating I came to the point that I'm so full that I wanna puke. I leaned my back on the chair and take deep breaths.

"I'll wash the dishes." I offered them the moment everyone left and the only person in here is Carson.

"No. I'll wash and you dry." he said

I nodded and started to bring the plates in the sink. I watch Carson wash the plates and let me tell you it's more entertaining than watching movies. His muscles reflexes when he rinse the plates, god he's so hot.

"Uhm. Cass? Why aren't you drying the plates? You already have a pile there."

His question snapped me back to reality. I quickly wiped the plates with the towel when suddenly Carson asked me a question.

"Do you think we should tell them? They're the one who can really help us you know?"

"I think. Your mom keeps on asking me about it." I shrugged

"My dad has a friend who's a lawyer, we can ask help from him." he told me

I nodded and prepare for the moment where their whole family knows my secret. Then suddenly I remembered something

"Is Max a threat to us?" I asked him

"I don't really know but whatever happens I'll be here by your side to protect you." he told me sincerely

I instantly melted in his words, sometime he says the sweetest things. I wonder if he's like this to every other girls.

"Carson and Cassidy both of you come to the living room." Rachel told us.

I sighed and followed her. I sat on the couch and wait for her to ask me loads of questions.

"Do you mind telling me what happened earlier this day?" she raised her eyebrow.

I looked at Carson and ask for his help. He sat next to me and put a hand on my lap to calm me down which worked instantly.

"She was abused by her dad since she was 10. A while ago she was attacked at the school's parking lot. She doesn't want anybody to know about this that's why she won't tell you."

Rachel gasped and cover her mouth with her palm. Carson squeezed my thigh gently as I felt that I relaxed. I didn't know that my whole body was stiff not until Carson squeezed my thigh.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you have a big problem. I'm really sorry." Rachel hugged me as I rubbed her back.

"It's fine. Is it okay if I ask help from you?" I asked her with my fingers crossed

She pulled away from me with an unreadable expression. I think she doesn't want to help me. I felt my face fell and I looked at Carson, he has a frown on his face.

"No, no. Honey it's not what you think. I'm so happy to help you it's just that I want to take a revenge to your dad at the same time." Rachel had a scowl on her face

"I want to take a revenge as well but it's not that easy." I said softly.

"We'll make a plan but for a meanwhile, you have to stay here until your dad is put in prison. Tomorrow Carson will help you get your clothes from your house okay?" she asked me but more like told me.

I nodded even though I don't like the idea. Me and Carson sharing a house is not good. My feelings for him will be stronger, so strong that I can't handle it.

"Ok then. You'll sleep at Carson's room, and Carson no funny bussiness." she said with a serious look on her face.

"Of course!" Both of us said in unison.

We laughed and Rachel joined as well. The tension in the room lightened which is pleasing.

"Alright, you guys have school tomorrow. Go to bed now." Rachel said

"You just want to have some private time with dad." Carson rolled his eyes while his mom gasped in horror.

"Go to your room!" Rachel shouted as we reach the stairs.

We laughed and entered Carson's room. I went straight to his bathroom to brush my teeth using the tooth brush that I used last time.

"You know, I dropped that brush in the toilet?"

I looked at the mirror, horrified and saw Carson leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Seriously?" I shouted as bubbles come out of my mouth.

"No, I'm just kidding." he laughed

I rolled my eyes and continue to brush my teeth with Carson staring at me. I spit the tooth paste and rinse my mouth. Then I turned around and raised my eyebrow at Carson the moment I saw him checking me out.

"Are you done checking me out?" I asked him, my confidence came out of no where.

"You shouldn't be hanging around me too much. Your ego's getting bigger." he smirked

"Whatever. Like it's gonna be bigger then yours," I mumbled

I climbed on his bed and tuck myself in the warm comforters. I closed my eyes and slept a peaceful sleep.

****

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned and answered my phone. I looked at the clock and says that it's 4 in the morning.

"Are you fucking crazy! It's four in the morning!" I shouted not aware of the sleeping people.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you, you didn't come home last night." I heard my brother say before sighing.

My eyes widen as I realize that I just shouted at my brother, the one who stood up for me in the times when my father abused me. I even forgot to call him that I'm staying here.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I'm here at Carson's,." I told him softly.

"It's fine but no funny bussiness okay?" he told me

"Okay."

And with that he hung up. I turned my phone off and drift back to sleep.

***

Beep. Beep. Beep!

I groaned and turned the alarm off. I saw that it's already 7:30 so I got up and saw that Carson is sleeping in his couch with a little drool on hi face. Not to mention that he only has his boxers on.

I shook my head and started to wake him up.

"Carson get up!" I shouted in his ears which made him jump in surprise.

"god, Cass you have to stop waking me up like that! You're going to give me a heart attack!" he said with his hand placed on his sculpted chest.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the bathroom in the hallway to take a shower. I took a shower and re used my clothes from yesterday. After that I combed my hair and went downstairs.

The moment I got downstairs I smelled the aroma of coffee and bacon around me. My stomach growled which catched Rachel's attention.

"Goodmorning sweetie!"

"Morning!"

"So did you sleep well?" she asked me

"Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay." I smiled

"Your welcomed to come here anytime you want." she smiled

"Goodmorning mom. We have to go to school so we won't be able to eat breakfast with you." I heard Carson's voice from behind

"Okay. Just drink coffee before you go." she shouted back

I poured myself a cup of coffee and drank it while waiting for Carson. After a few minutes I hear footstep shuffling towards us so I turned around to face Carson. He's wearing a plain white t shirt that showed his muscles visibly then black pants with black converse.

Hot.

"Come on now! You don't want to be late don't you?" He sipped his coffee before pulling me with him.

"Bye Rachel!" I shouted as I went outside.

"Bye!" She shouted back at me.

I entered Carson's car and buckled my seat belt, he did the same and pulled away from his parking lot. We drove quietly until we reach our school. I immediately got out of his car to meet Ally and Ian.

"Hey guys!" I chirped

"Hey! What's up with you and Carson?" Ally wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Nothing." I glared at her and earned a laugh from Ian.

I pulled Ally from Ian's arm and linked my arms to her. Ian stopped laughing and glared at me.

"Woah man, chill." Carson patted Ian's back

Ian's eyes immediately softened and followed Carson's command like a dog.

"See you later guys!" Both Ally and I said in unison.

We ran towards the entrance of our school and saw Rose smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at her and continued walking.

"So.. Are you and Ian finally a thing?" I asked Ally as I bumped her shoulders.

"Yeah.. He asked me last night and I said yes of course. Who wouldn't want a hot guy like him right?" Ally gushed

"I'm so happy for you!" I smiled widely at her.

"Thank you so much!" She hugged me as we entered our class.

The class was about to start while Ally and me are having a little chit chat.

"Okay class settle down now." Ms. Prescott told us

All of a sudden the class became so quiet that you can hear a pin drop and the clock ticking.

"We're going to have a field trip this semester and I'm giving you this slip for your parents to sign okay?"

"Okay." we all said in unison

The rest of the discussion are so boring so I waited for the class to end.

"Class dismissed." Ms. Prescott said.

Finally.

I walked out of my class and spotted Rose with Carson making out on the corner. Of all the corners they chose the corner nearest to my class?

I felt a lump rise on my throat and tears brimming in my eyes then my heart tightened. I sobbed involuntarily, it just escaped my lips. I think Carson noticed it because he opened his eyes and the moment he saw me he pushed Rose away from him and walked closer to me. I stepped backwards trying hard not to flinch, his fingers touched my cheeks and I stepped away.

"Don't - touch me." I said between my gritted teeth.

"Cass, it's not what it looks like.." he explained

He stepped closer to me again but this time I ran away and search for the nearest exit even though I heard Carson yelling my name. I let my tears fall freely down my cheeks.

I'm so stupid. I can't believe I let him in, I can't believe that he made me fall for him using his charms. I sobbed harder as the thunder roared and the rain started to fall. Great! My heart's been thorn into pieces and now I'm being drenched in the rain?

I looked up the sky and screamed.

"Why is this happening to me? What have I done to make you make my life miserable huh?" I shouted

I heard my name being called despite the heavy rain. I immediately noticed that it's Carson's voice, so I ran again faster this time but my arms is yanked backwards which made me come into a full stop.

I turned around and shouted at him

"Are you happy now? You broke my heart into a million pieces! I thought that you're the one who can fix me but what did you do? You crushed it!"

More tears sprung out of my eyes. I can barely breathe because my heart literally tightened. I clenched my jaws and balled my fist. I started to hit his chest several times as I scream. I'm ready for another punch but when it neared his chest he caught my fist.

"Stop Cass!" he shouted

"You can't tell me what to do you're not my dad! Even my own dad can't tell me what to do all he does is beat the shit out of me." I laughed bitterly.

"Please.. let me explain." he pleaded tears forming in his eyes.

My stomach twisted and I feel like I'm going to puke when I saw him crying. I want to junp into his arms and tell him that it's okay but I can't.

"Explain what? That you played with my feelings? The signs that you give me? That you enjoyed your make out session with a slut! Go ahead! Please enlighten me. but you know what hurts the most? When the person who made you fall isn't there to catch you." My vision is getting blurry and my head's spinning wildly.

I felt like any minute now I'm going to collapse.

"I didn't play with your feelings and you know that! I tried to push her away but she threatened me that if I push her away again, she'll drop you out of our school, not only that she knows your secret! She saw the scene at the parking lot." he shouted

"You should've let me handle it. It's not your problem so why would you help me!" I shouted

"Isn't it obvious why I'm so nice to you? It's because I like you Cass! A lot!" he shouted

I stood there with my mouth open. I don't know what to say.

"Please Cass.. I'm really sorry." he pleaded and got down on his knees and kneel in front of me. My eyes widened and immediately pulled him up but he's too heavy.

"What are you doing! Get up!" I shouted

"Not until you know how I feel.. I like you Cass. It's been a long time now. I wanted to tell you a long time ago but everytime I try to tell you, you have so many problems. I like the way you giggle, the way you put up your walls, the way you bite your lip when you're nervous. Remember a long time ago you asked me who the girl was? It's you, you're-"

"I like you too." I whispered which caused him to stop

"What?"

"I said I like you too! Even though you've been a jerk to me! Isn't it obvious? That's why whenever you're around Rose I get-"

He crush his hot lips onto mine and out lips move in sync. He hooked his finger on my waist band and pulled me closer to him. This kiss is much more passionate than the last time. He runs his tongue on my lower lip to ask for entrance and I gladly opened it. He waste no time in exploring my mouth. He bit my lip gently which made me moan softly. I tugged his hair and kissed him harder. He pulled away after a few minutes leaving us both breathless.

"Wow." I said

"Yeah wow. I have another question to ask you."

"What?" I looked at him

"Cassidy Taylor, will you be my girl?" he asked me

My heart lept as those words left his mouth. I teased him my shaking my head no. His face fell then he frowned before turning around.

"I would love to be your girl." I shouted

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Updaaaated!! This chapter's a bit longer hahah:)

Please continue to Vote, Comment or Fan!:)

~ohhlala_77 xx