Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Don't stress about it, Cass. It won't happen whatever it is." Carson rocked me back and forth.

But that nightmare hunted me.. Not to mention that Carson was a part of it.

"B-but, he-"

He cut me off before I finish the sentence.

"I won't let that happen to you," he repeated softly and craddled my face in his hands, placing a heart fluttering kiss on my forehead.

"W-what if-"

"I will always protect you. You have to trust me, you have to believe me." He stroked my hair soothingly with his other hand at the small of my back, rubbing small circles.

He's right, I have to trust him.

"Promise?" I sniffed and wiped my tears using the back of my hand.

He flashed me my favorite smile, revealing his deep dimples and his pearly white teeth. He then raised his right hand and mocked salute.

"I promise, now go change into something warm." He ruffled my hair, messing it up more than it already was.

I looked at him quizzically with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Where are we going in the middle of the night?

"Meet me downstairs, no questions asked." He stood up and exited the door leaving me stunned.

I quickly put my shit back together and wiped my blotchy tear streaked face, then I cleared my throat since my voice is hoarse. I cleared my mind up and started to rummage in my closet.

Something warm..

Guess I've made my choice. I pulled out my black sweater with 'whatever' written on it and pulled it over my head. Then I pulled out my light blue jeans and slipped it on. Walking towards my shoe rack, I grabbed my black uggs to pair it with my outfit.

I walked over to the full length mirror and pulled my hair into a loose ponytail leaving some baby hair hanging,not bad.

I then stared at my reflection which is horrible by the way.

My eyes are puffy and a tad bit red from crying, my throat felt sore-- more like burning from screaming.

I look..

Broken, afraid and weak.

I felt like I was back in time where my father's constantly beating me, making me feel worthless. Making me regret my existence, I felt broken back then just like now.

I was startled by a sudden shadow appearing at the door, it snapped me out of my trance. I don't know why my heart rate unexpectedly picked up, I think it reminded me of the nightmare but now this isn't a dream, it's reality.

A person appeared in front of me, almost making me scream if it's not for the hand that cover my mouth. It became muffled and weaker against the palm every second, tears clouded my vision.

"Calm down Cass. It's me," I recognized Carson's voice, the hand around my mouth loosening.

I let out a sob, tears spilled out from my eyes not able to hold it back. I really thought that it was my dad, and even worse I thought that Carson really is with my dad in this. Without knowing it, I was engulfed in a warm and welcoming hug.

"I hate seeing you like this, please stop crying princess." He said blandly almost sounding weak and hopeless.

"I don't know what to do when you cry. I can't even make you feel better." He sighed against my hair with his hands rubbing my back in a comforting manner.