Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I just bumped into Carson, Carson Matthews. The Carson Matthews.

Carson is the schools biggest player and jock. Almost every girl at school has slept with him at least once. Not to mention the fact that he's the captain of the basketball team.

I mumbled a quick sorry and tried to walk past him, but I was suddenly yanked backwards, making me come to an abrupt halt.

"Not so fast cupcake." He teased, smirking at me.

I was so shaky that I could feel my insides quivering, however I think I did a pretty good job of masking my anxiety.

"I'm sorry. I- I didn't see you." I apologised, feeling a familiar churning in my stomach.

He chuckled darkly, making me I look up at his face, staring for a second too long at his stunning blue green eyes.

"It's good that you're sorry, because otherwise, I would have to make you sorry." He threatened, anger plastered on his face.

I trembled with fear and stumbled back a bit. Quicker than I could scream for help, his whole demeanour changed.

"Hey, I'm just kidding." He tried to reassure me, his eyes swirling with confusion and curiosity.

"I- I have to go." I stuttered, running down the corridor to my first class, not wanting him to notice anything off about me.

My heart beat faster, like a hummingbird's wings flapping frantically. I was worried he was going to hit me.

When I entered the classroom I noticed that the teacher and a lot of students hadn't arrived yet, so there were a lot of empty chairs. I decided to take the seat at the back corner of the classroom. I tended to stay quiet and not participate during lessons because of my shyness, so this would be a perfect seat for me.

Minutes later the class was filled with chattering students. Mr. Garrison entered the class and told everyone to settle down. Once everyone stopped talking he started discussing something about World War II.

God, this is boring, why did I even take this class?

I was about to doze off when a door slammed shut, making me jolt in surprise.

"It's nice of you to join our class Mr. Matthews, I'm sure you have noticed that you are 15 minutes late." Mr. Garrison reprimanded him.

"At least I attended your class." Carson smirked cockily at Mr. Garrison.

"Guess what else you'll be attending?" Mr. Garrison rhetorically asked, "Detention." He continued with a stern face.

"You want to stare at my pretty face even longer than usual?" Carson questioned with a smirk.

The whole class erupted into boisterous laughter but on the other hand Mr. Garrison had turned crimson red from anger.

"Sit next to Ms. Taylor. I'll deal with you in detention!" Mr. Garrison shouted.

"All right old man, don't burst a blood vessel. I don't want to see you die in front me." Carson replied smoothly making the class snicker.

He slid into the seat next to me and caught me staring at him. His lips immediately tugged upwards and turned into that all too well known smirk.

"You might want to wipe that drool away cupcake" He told me smugly.

I gaped at his words, suddenly worried that I was drooling.

"You should probably shut your mouth before you catch a fly in there." He smirked again at me.

Bastard.

"I would never drool because of your ugly face." I snapped, refraining from swearing out loud.

"What was that? Oh, yes, I know I'm sexy, you don't have to say so cupcake." He cupped his left ear pretending that he didn't hear me.

He dismissed my earlier words, changing them to his liking.

He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I looked at him with utter disgust and started to make gagging sounds to get my point across.

"Ms. Taylor and Mr. Matthews, is there something you'd like to share with us?" Mr. Garrison interrupted.

I opened my mouth to answer, but Carson beat me to it and started talking.

"She keeps asking me to sleep with her and won't take a no for an answer." He cried, feigning innocence.

"No I did not you asshole." I screamed, my face resembling a fire hydrant.

I glared at Carson who was currently laughing his ass off.

"Detention Ms. Taylor!" Mr Garrison bellowed.

Are you shitting me?

My first ever detention because of Carson. I looked up at his smirking face. I narrowed my eyes again at him and sat down with an obvious frown on my face, knowing that he was still smirking triumphantly at me.

I felt a soft tickling on my shoulder and turned my head to look at what it was.

My eyes widened and I'm pretty sure I'm almost wet my pants.

"Ahh!" An ear-piercing scream left my mouth.