Chapter 49

Recap:

"Stop!" A gun shot was fired before the line went dead.

I was in shock. My hands were frozen as the phone slipped off my hand.

I failed her.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

Chapter 49

Back to Carson's POV

"What happened?" The voices were faint.

I was too shocked to even consentrate on what they're saying.

"Carson!" Ian stopped the car and snapped me out of my daze.

"I failed her," I whispered weakly.

"What do you mean?" Ally's lip quivering.

"The gun, it was fired." My voice broke.

Both of them gasped, tears leaked out from my eyes.

"Oh god. Please tell me she's okay." Ally hiccuped.

I don't know, but I hope she is.

I closed my eyes letting the tears flow. The stinging pain I'm feeling right now is unbearable. I'm falling apart and I felt the need to gasp for air before I can breathe.

I remember her smile that makes everyone's day better. The way her eyes lights up whenever she gets excited. The way she blushes whenever I complement her, the way she makes me laugh whenever I'm down.

Another tear fell down.

She makes me strong whenever I felt like giving up. She guides me whenever I'm lost. She's my saving grace. I lost my brother and I wasn't able to do something to prevent it. I can't afford to lose her too.

I can't live with that. I'd rather die than to live without her.

I remember every single detail why I love her. I remember how strong she is, the way she continued her life when a lot of people would've gave up when they're in her position.

And what I loved the most is she didn't give up on me, she never did. I hate myself for not seeing what I had before it was gone. I hate myself for hurting her when I should've wiped her tears.

I hate myself for not spending enough time with her. I just wish I can still make up for those mistakes after everything, after all of this.

"Oh my god, this isn't happening." Ally whispered against Ian's chest.

Ian soothing her, rubbing his hands up and down her back.

Just what I used to do before.

"We need to find her, I know she can get through this. I need to be strong for her." I wiped my tears furiously, "and whoever did this to her would be fucking dead."

"Carson she-"

"She's not dead, she won't be. She can't leave me." I buried my face on my hands, voice cracking.

"I know what to do," Ian voiced out.

I immediately shot up and faced him.

"Call you dad and tell him to track the person who called you, maybe we could find the kidnapper."

I immediately punched my dad's number and told him to track the person who called my phone.

I rubbed my face and regained my posture.

I'm gonna find Cassidy, I have to.

My phone rang after a few minutes and I swiftly answered it.