26

"I wish I could freeze this moment and put it in a frame"

Two Years Later

Caitlin decided to go home, to Central City, two years later. Of course, she would still keep Natalie a secret from everyone, especially Barry, but she missed everything about her old life.

Packing up wasn't as hard as last time she moved, neither was the drive. She was more excited to see Barry than she was to surprise everyone.

She moved into her old house since the old owners decided to sell. She unpacked every necessity and dropped Natalie off at daycare before heading to STAR Labs. It was the middle of the day so she was sure at least Barry and Cisco would be there.

Seeing the STAR Labs building again was comforting to her. She walked into the building and headed up the elevator, nothing had changed. She walked down the hallway, trying to be as secretive as possible.

Barry heard heels clicking. Never in a million years did he think it could be Caitlin, he just assumed it was Iris. Then the female entered the room, stopping at the doorway. Barry looked up and Cisco spun around in his chair.

"I'm back!" Caitlin announced.

Both of the guys' jaws dropped. This was absolutely insane. Caitlin looked super tired, but that was because she is tired, she is chasing a two-year-old around constantly. Barry walked up to her and went super close. He needed to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"It's me, Barry," Caitlin whispered so only he could hear.

This was the time Cisco would normally get popcorn, but he figured he didn't have enough time now.

Barry pulled her into a hug. This hug was long awaited by both of them. As much as each of them wanted to kiss the other that seemed a little too much.

"Are you moving back?" Barry asked.

"Moved in last night," Caitlin couldn't stop smiling.

Barry's eyes looked so much like Natalie's, it was kind of freaky. So much of Barry reminded Caitlin of Natalie. Maybe that was the reason Caitlin decided to come back. Natalie did remind Caitlin of Barry and how much she missed him. She came back for Barry.

Cisco was having a great day. Not only did his best friend come back, but he saw Barry smile a true smile for the first time in years. Cisco was enjoying the real life romance movie going on right in front of him, but it was, apparently, annoying Caitlin and Barry. Barry looked back at Cisco and moved his eyes towards the door to tell Cisco to leave. Cisco obeyed and left the room.

Barry had been waiting for Cisco to leave just to move his face closer to Caitlin's and press his lips against hers. Caitlin kissed back. Barry moved her hair out of the way and then cupped her face in his hands. Caitlin wrapped her arms around Barry's neck as she kissed him back. Barry and Caitlin wished they could stay in this moment forever.

The kiss ended naturally. They rested their foreheads on each others as Barry wrapped his arms around Caitlin's neck. They both wanted to be together. There was no one else they could picture themselves with.

"Can we try again?" Caitlin asked in a hushed voice.

Caitlin knew this could be a bad choice, but she just wanted Barry to hold her in his arms again. She was going to have to make it work.

"Dating?" Barry needed clarification. Caitlin nodded, letting a smile creep across her face. "Yes," Barry smiled back.

They pecked each other's lips. Cisco walked back in. He was a little afraid Barry would murder him, but Caitlin was his friend too. Barry sighed and stepped away from Caitlin to give Cisco room to hug her. Barry wasn't going to lie, seeing another man hug Caitlin, even a friendly hug, made him uneasy.

Caitlin got a call on her cell phone, it was the daycare. Caitlin answered as she stepped into the hall.

"Natalie had an asthma attack," The teacher informed Caitlin.

"Did she have her inhaler?" Caitlin asked, slightly worried.

"Yes, we just thought you might like to know," The teacher clarified.

"Ok, I'll get her now, if that's ok," Caitlin waited for an answer.

"That's fine," The teacher said before hanging up.

Caitlin announced that she had to leave and then drove to the day care center. Barry and Cisco had caught a few words like her and inhaler which confused them but they decided not to ask.

Caitlin promised Natalie a chocolate milk for handling her asthma attack like a big girl. The teacher had told Caitlin that Natalie was pointing to her inhaler as she struggled to breathe and didn't freak out like most two-year-olds. Caitlin decided that she could use a coffee so she drove to Jitters.

Natalie went running in first. She ran so fast that she bumped into a man. That man was none other than Barry Allen. Thankfully, Caitlin was still over by the door.

"I'm sorry about that. Are you ok?" Barry asked the little girl as he bent down to her height.

"Yeah, I'm good. Sorry," Natalie seemed sincere.

The little girl's eyes looked oddly familiar. They looked like his own. He decided not to question it and asked, "What's your name?"

"Natalie! Mommy promised me chocolate milk!" Natalie exclaimed, obviously super excited for chocolate milk.

"I'm Barry. You better go find mommy if you want that chocolate milk," Barry suggested with a smile.

Natalie nodded and then went to wait in the line. The calming way Barry had handled the situation made Caitlin feel a sense of security. Barry passed by and waved at her, so she gave him a nervous smile and then went to be with her daughter.

Later that night, Barry face timed Caitlin. She didn't answer the first time because she was tucking in Natalie, but she answered the second time he called.

"Hey! I met the cutest little girl today at Jitters, she accidentally ran into me," Barry told Caitlin. "Her name was Natalie and her mom had promised her chocolate milk. Her eyes were pure green, like mine, I could swear they looked exactly like mine."

"Sounds fun," Caitlin tried to push the conversation aside. "I missed you so much."

"Me too!" Barry exclaimed. Barry looked down at his vibrating phone. "I gotta go. Metahuman. I'll meet you there!"

Caitlin couldn't go. She couldn't leave Natalie here, but she couldn't take her with. However, she knew if she didn't show up Barry would be suspicious. She carried Natalie to the car and put her in a car seat and drove to STAR Labs.

Caitlin took Natalie up to the cortex and let her lay down in the treadmill room. Thankfully, the treadmill room had another entrance. She sat down after entering the cortex and listened to the conversation between Barry and the metahuman.

"I know a secret," The metahuman announced, making Caitlin tense up, "a secret to do with you Flash."

"What is it?" Barry\Flash asked, confused.

"You really don't know do you?" The metahuman laughed before taking off leaving a confused Barry and Cisco and a tense, worried, and terrified Caitlin. 

----------

Dear readers,

Sorry again for all the time skipping, but this is the last chapter with it for now. 

Anyways, I feel like I don't know you guys very well, so put a fun fact about yourself in the comments below! I'll start:

I have had hearings aids in both ears since I was five

Comment and Vote!

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author,

Elly :)

Bulletproof // SnowbarryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara