Chapter 1-The Magical Music Room

E.L. POV
*Beep beep beep* my alarm goes. I groan but let it keep making noise. A beat starts to form in my head and as always my hands go up and start to shift as I pull my hand as if pulling the bow on a cello.

I finally got out of bed and got ready for the second nine weeks of school. Today is supposed to be when the students in orchestra are going to play for the teacher and see which chair they're in. So many students in the cello section say that me, Justice, and Jackal are top contenders for first chair. We do our best to be modest but we all knew that it was true.

Justice was obviously a natural born cellist. When he played in class once our orchestra teacher, Mr.Taylor, said, "Justice, you've got talent." And it was true. He played very well. But he lacked some of the emotion needed to reach the audience.

Jackal was also great but most people would agree that he would probably get third chair. He messes up but he plays well and he adds emotion. But they seem too cheery for some.

Then there was me. When I play, I don't mess up, except for very few times. Basically, it was rare. But when I played, my cello made me an open book. I've heard rumors about me from my friends. They all had one thing in common, whenever I played, there would be blue. Most people would dismiss it and be like, 'oh I love blue!' but for people who payed attention would realize what it meant. It was rare for me to have a color other than red, blue, and yellow, as people said.

I waited outside of my friend's house, waiting for her to come out. Not long after I arrived, Flama walked out of her house. Flama was my only friend besides Eve. Those two are always there for me. They are my only friends after all. We walk down the sidewalk to Eve's house where she was waiting.

We all talked about were each of us would sit in our fine arts classes. Flama and Eve are both in band while I'm in orchestra so we had different seatings. We all knew that we would get high chairs, like the top five. We were talented musicians.

The school soon came into view and not long after we were walking down the halls. I said good bye to Flama and Onii-Chan-that's my nickname for Eve even though I'm older than her-and walked into the orchestra room. (AN:I actually do that with one of my best friends. I was texting her and I soon came to call her Onii-Chan even tho I'm older. Lol)

The room was empty except for the occasional violinist and violists dropping off their instruments.

I go and grab a cello and a bow. I set my backpack down and pulled out my music. I did have school music but I wanted to practice something else before I had to head to first period. I decided on Silent Night which also had a piano accompaniment. I began to play with the chatter of the hallway behind the large brown doors. Soon the hall began to quiet down making it a lot easier to concentrate on my music. I closed my eyes and played from memory, letting my cello speak for me, and speaking to me. Once I was done, I quickly put the cello back on the shelf and walked out with my backpack strap over my left shoulder.

As soon as I walked out, I bumped into a boy holding a violin case. He stumbled backwards and almost dropped his instrument when I caught it and grabbed his hand. We both let out a sigh of relief and looked at each other. I recognized the boy. He was the one that had sunflowers.

"Hey, you're the boy with sunflowers." I say.

He gave me a confused look but then gave a coy smile, "Oh, does that mean you want sunflowers?"

I slapped him, but not too hard. I walked away but he called out to me saying, "Wait! What's your name?"
I turn around to face him and stood there with crossed arms. "My name is E.L. I'm the girl that was playing the cello and I'm also not interested."

I was about to turn around and leave but then he said something that, for some reason, made me blush. "You're the girl who owns the colors blue, red, yellow... and pink."

I looked at him then asked, "What's your name?"

"Tyler."

"Well Tyler, how many secrets do you have?"

He turned a little red then said, "Just one. But I can't tell anyone even with blackmail. How many secrets do you have?"

I tilted my head and said, "Five. I have five."

He smiled. "Can you tell me?"

"Some things are best left in the dark." I say.

I turn around and left the hallway. I didn't realize that the whole hallway had heard our conversation.

That boy, I thought. That boy is the only one to notice my pink.

Tyler POV
I walk into the orchestra room and drop off my instrument. I looked at my new schedule to see that I had reading with Mrs. Rogers. I headed down the long hallways mazing through the crowd of students.

I stepped into homeroom to hear the chatter of many students. They were all talking about one thing though. Rave Mistress. In high schools, Rave Mistress is very popular. No one knows her true identity.

The next thing I noticed is that there was no seating chart. Score one.

The third thing I noticed, was E.L. sitting at a table with two other people.