Chapter 20-Boring Room

Tyler POV
I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I fell asleep. I looked around and saw E.L. sleeping on my chest. I blushed as I saw her peaceful face.

I tried to carefully pick her up but she clung to me. She's asleep and she's still this strong. I gave up and just sat there with E.L.

The day dragged on and by the time school ended, E.L. had woken up. I find it kinda suspicious that she woke up after the bell rang.

E walked back together alone because E.L. said she wanted me to come over. E.L. stood close to me and walked in silence. This is the first time I've seen her like this.

We soon came to stand at the large doors of her mansion. She grabbed one of the large doors and walked through. I followed behind her and kept following her until they came to stand in front of the large door that led to E.L.'s room.

She walked in and signaled for me to follow. I followed hesitantly. E.L. fell on the bed and looked up and the blank ceiling.

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we never existed?" She asked.

I gave her a strange look and she gave a half hearted smile. "I know it sounds suicidal but I feel like my life would be easier. And so would others."

"I know how it feels too. But when you think about it, why haven't you done it yet? There's someone that you care about that's stopping you. And life would suck without you." I responded truthfully.

"That sounds about right. I mean, he's pretty important to me. I don't know why I haven't disappeared yet. I think he might care about me and he's just waiting for and answer. At least he's not on monotone." She said with a sigh.

I looked at her laying form and thought about who she could've been talking about. She cared about someone that made her feel pink.

"Who's the one that makes the pink when you play?" I ask.

She smiles but ignores the question and began to hum a song. I could see faint colors form around the girl. This time was different. She had more pink then usual. And her blue has raised to be equal with the blue. She wasn't angry or lonely right now, but she was sad and loving.

I sat down beside her on the bed and looked ahead of me at the wall. E.L. kept humming her song and when I looked at the wall I realized it was the same song. Her hand grabbed mine and gave me a reassuring squeeze. I held her hand and looked at the wall full of music. The only thing that made this girl free.