Chapter 32-Results

Tyler POV
E.L. passed away after the surgery two days later. The funeral was in three days, and I wanted to roll up into a ball and cry silently. I stared at the letter that had E.L.'s curly handwriting on the seal. It irritates me so much that she left a note, knowing she would die. It hurt.

For the past few days I ignored the letter. I didn't want to open it and see something I didn't want. I know it sounds selfish, but I cared very much about E.L.  I cared so much.

~~~~~

The funeral was in an hour and I still haven't read the letter. I haven't looked at the letter yet, and I didn't plan to. Not until after the funeral. That might be the best choice for now.

I walked out of my house and walked over to the car E.L. gave me. I drove over to the funeral house and just as I got there it was about to start. I walked into the building and took a seat.

~~~~~

The funeral ended and I couldn't believe how many people showed up to it. E.L.'s parents went, and they admitted they knew nothing of what E.L. was going through, when it came to sickness. I found it sad that they only began to care about her when she died.

I also found it very sickening that so many reporters were at the funeral, and they only cared that Rave Mistress died, she was a street racer, and that she was in a gang. They weren't able to stop them from figuring those things out, but we did make sure that certain details were kept a secret.

I drove home quickly and and flopped down on my bed. I sighed and looked back at the note E.L. left me. I looked at it for about ten minutes and I decided to open it. I grabbed the note and carefully opened it.

Dear Tyler,
So if you're reading this, then that means I died, and the surgery wasn't successful. I know that must be bad considering how I'm your partner. Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and get to the point. I lied to you a few times, and they weren't major lies, well except for one.

I never really cared about getting frozen yogurt all the time. I just really liked going with you. I guess k just found it to be relaxing. Around you, things were a whole lot easier to talk about.

Remember when you kissed me? Well, I could tell you were about to but I didn't move. I could've, but I didn't. If you're still the idiot I know, then you probably don't really get the point. Well, here's the last lie.

I like Jackal....

Wait, what does she... Who does she like then?

To honest, I never really liked anyone. But I have fallen in love. And you wanna know who I fell in love with? I fell in love with you. Ya know, you're a huge idiot if you haven't noticed. And if you did, then I guess it just means that my feelings weren't returned. That's okay though, because that means I left as a friend, and not something much more that could hurt you.

And so, I'm just gonna say, I love you. I know it sounds cheesy, especially for someone with my personality. But hey, you should know that this stuff is actually what I like to think about.

Love,
Elane Luna Samori