10. Internet Vows

One Week Later~

I stared at the mirror. Who was this girl? A girl with a beautiful long white dress, with a diamond necklace, and makeup on her face. I was not able to recognize the girl in front of me, even if it was myself. Today was the grand day, I was getting married. I was standing in a room inside the church waiting. All the guests were here, Nonna went to go get me some water because I felt like I was going to pass out. I was just so darn anxious.

"Sweetheart, here's your water." Nonna exclaimed as she entered the room. She handed me the water and I chucked it down.

"Breathe." Nonna said and patted my shoulder.

"I don't think I can go through with this, I don't love him, Nonna. He's a handsome man disguised as the devil himself." I said pacing back and forth.

"Give him a chance, honey." Nonna said.

"I tried Nonna, but he's a jerk face."

"If you marry him you're also doing it for yourself you're going to attend a prestigious school and be a CEO." She reminded me.

"I know, b----" I was interrupted by a knock on the door. The door opened and there standing was Mr.Maxwell. There he stood in his black tux, looking handsome. He had a grin they went from one ear to the other. He genuinely looked happy.

"You look beautiful dear, are you ready?"

"I don't think I can say I'm ready ready, but I'm close enough." I said and he chuckled. He extended him arm. Nonna gave me a smile and left. I took Mr.Maxwell's arm and walked with him to my devil of a future husband.

The door opened and there 50 feet away stood the handsome devil waiting for me. Mr.Maxwell and I started walking slowly. The guest stood up, I registered their looks and I could tell they were all rich people. The end of the aisle was becoming clearer. I wish I had the ability to extend the aisle by like a million feet.

"You'll thank me for this within time." Mr.Maxwell whispered.

"If I didn't love you I would have dropped kick your butt." I whispered back and he chuckled. We were finally standing in front of Dylan who was smiling like a child.

"Take care of her." Mr.Maxwell told him.

"I will, father." Mr.Maxwell handed me off to Dylan. Dylan grabbed my hand and helped me up the stair. We both sat down in front of the pastor.

"We are here today to celebrate in Holy Matrimony the union of Dakota Reed and Dylan Maxwell, if there anyone who objects to this Union please speak now or shall forever remain in silence." I could not help, but turn around hoping for a miracle to stop this circus. I stared at the door hoping for some psycho to come in here and profess her in love for Dylan. The door suddenly opened and there standing was, Alec. He stood there with his black tuxedo. His eyes looking directly at me those beautiful blue eyes. He did not utter a single word  instead he went to go sit down. I looked at Dylan who had his hands balled up in a fist. I could tell was furious.

The pastor then continued on the ceremony. After giving a few words it was time for our vowels. Dylan went first.

"I take you, Dakota, as my beautiful beloved wife. I promise to cherish you, and cherish every moment with you. I promise to respect you and protect you from everything and everyone. I promise to never hurt you, and make you the happiest person in the world. Lastly, I promise to love you for the rest of my life." All I could think of was LIAR LIAR LIAR.

"I take you, Dylan, as my husband. I promise to respect, love, and care about you until the end of my days. I promise to love you more everyday and make a happy family with you. I promise to be with you through our worst and best. I promise to forever be there because I love you." I searched up wedding vows on the internet that devil didn't deserve a true vow, I didn't mean any of it.