#Chapter20

Meanwhile, at Haerin's home...

"Haerin, don't forget to do the laundry, okay? Oh and make sure to keep the door locked too."

Her mom reminded her again as she putting on her sandals by the open door. Haerin slightly nodded, squirming on the couch while watching the encore concert of her favourite idol.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry. I'll do it." She absently responded, didn't realised her mom was looking at her with her arms folded.

"When??"

She groaned as she putting down the remote and forced herself to stand up on her feet. "Alright... Alright... I'm doing it now."

"No laundry, then no new and clean clothes left to wear tomorrow or the next day after." Her mom nagged.

"I know, mom. I know." She nodded, along with a big yawn.

"Alright. Remember not to open or even answer to any strangers that come by." Her mom reminded once again. "I'll be back home before lunch."

"Have fun." She chimed lazily. She waited for her mom to reach to the car where her dad was. The car drove off, and Haerin now left home alone. She locked the door as her mom repeatedly reminded her. She went back for the television again, only to be left disappointed because the show was ended. "I missed it damn it!" She cussed under her breath, and sighed. "Gotta do laundry now or I will be roasted alive by mom." And with heavy steps she headed to the laundry room.

"It's a beautiful night~ We looking for something dumb to do~ Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you~"

She sang her favourite song played in her head out loud while hanging the clothes to dry at the backyard.

"Oh? Good morning, Haerin!"

It startled her when she heard someone calling her name that she abruptly stopping herself from hanging the clothes and the singing as well. She looked around and surprised to see her neighbor, Yangmi's mom, waving at her on the other side of the wooden fence. She let out an awkward laugh upon walking over to the fence.

"Mrs Han! Good morning to you too!" She greeted the middle-age woman, found out that Yangmi's mom was doing the same morning activity as her.

"Didn't go anywhere today?" Yangmi's mom asked, keeping the conversation alive. Haerin shook her head.

"Nope. Not really planning on it. Unless Yangmi wants to go out then I definitely tag along." Her expression changed when she thought of her friend. "Oh! Speaking of which, where's Yangmi? Is she still sleeping?"

The woman shook her head. "She's up." She shortly answered, "And she's not home by now because she already went out with her friend minutes ago."

That took her by surprise because she always knew that Yangmi would never even bother to leave the house even when it's weekend, unless one between both of them had been planning to go anywhere then it wasn't so much of a problem. So, to know that her friend went out without her, it was kinda new to Haerin.

"A friend?"

Mrs Han nodded like it was nothing to her. "Yeah. If I knew that you were home, I would have told her to bring you along."

Haerin kept her silence, began to wonder who was that 'friend' of Yangmi that she didn't even bother to tell her about it. Her thoughts shattered when she felt a cold breeze brushed across her exposed skin.

"Oh that's fine. There's always next time." She smiled, being positive. "Besides, I wasn't even planning on going out anyway."

Mrs Han gave her sweet smile at Haerin before she headed back inside her house. "Oh, and Mrs Han?"