#Chapter24

It was Monday and Haerin was having that weekly Monday Blues again as she woke up to the annoying sound of her alarm. She repeated the same routine of getting ready for school, but this time things went a bit different when her phone beeped the same tone of the notification again.

And that was definitely none other than Jungkook.

Jungkook: Good morning sunshine
Jungkook: 😘😘

Haerin: Good morning too.

Jungkook: thank you so much for making my day with the love emojis last night 😍😭

Haerin: it was an accident
Haerin: I didn't mean to send those cursed emojis to you
Haerin: 🙄🙄
Haerin: it was supposed to be this emoji (🤬)

Jungkook: aww how sweet 🙈
Jungkook: so what are you up to today?

Haerin: currently baking some cookies

Jungkook: wait what 😳

Haerin: I'm getting ready for school you dummy
Haerin: what do you think I'm up to?? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Jungkook: haha okay2 im kidding 😂
Jungkook: so anyway
Jungkook: let me know if you already left home so I can wait for you at the same spot in the neighbourhood area
Jungkook: unless you want me to pick you up at your house that's fine by me 🤓

Haerin: don't come to my house 😠
Haerin: okay thank you for the info i will try my best to avoid you later on

Jungkook: bad move, Haerin
Jungkook: avoid me, and i will do something that will make you obey
Jungkook: and I know you don't want that 🤭😉

Haerin: 😒😒

She chuckled and headed downstairs. Her mom was just finished preparing the breakfast by the time Haerin showed up in the dining room. "Good morning!" She greeted her mom as she pulled the chair under the table.

"Well, well... You look genuinely excited for school today." Her mom started off with her usual sarcasm, but to see how Haerin was in such a good mood somehow surprised her much.

"Am I not always excited for school though?" She replied, began eating her breakfast.

"Well, this is not the kind of face and mood I saw on you especially when the day is Monday. Exclude holiday season." Her mom added while taking out the frost meat in the fridge to defrost it.

"People changed though, mom. And I'm one of those people." She said indistinctly, still got some food chewed in her mouth.

Her mom turned off the faucet and facing Haerin, both hands on her hip. "I don't know what had gotten into you lately, but whatever the reason is, I really like this new change of you now." Then she went for the fridge again, taking out some vegetables and brought them to the sink. "Because, truthfully speaking, you look like you're so done with life everytime you're ready for school."

That made Haerin laughed, and her mom chuckled along. "That's because I'm having weekdays blues though."

After breakfast, Haerin sent a text to Jungkook, then left for school. She didn't brought her phone along because her school was not allowed students to bring any kinds of electronic devices.