2• I love you, mamma.

After the tragedy in the hospital, Savannah nearly had forgotten, that she was penniless. She had walked for the interview. She was going to go back the same way. But that did not seem that easy pertaining to the luxurious treatment offered by the hospital staff, because Mr. Grey eyes cleared her bills.

That bitch of her Aunt had wasted all her money in gambling. I mean who sends their niece for jobs and then spends that money gambling their assets off. I know, her aunt, Maria. Maria Donnovan, married to Robert Donnovan, Savannah's foster uncle. Let's keep that story for another day.

Savannah dragged her already fatigued feet slowly towards the main door and collapsed. No sooner had she collapsed to steady her breathing, than Maria came out. The typical drunk pose.

Eyes bloodshot.
Slurring on her sentences.
Sashaying her body, indicating clear lack of balance.

One day that is going to be the death of her.

"Ohh wow!! So now you waste your time resting. How convenient.",Maria sneered.

"Now get up. Do you think the dishes are going to do themselves? Or the clothes are going to wash themselves? Neither, you worthless whore. God knows what I wished upon myself when I took you and your brother in."

Tears pooled in the violet eyes as Savannah realised, however used to this she was, it was still going to hurt very much. She was absorbed in cursing her life, that she almost missed the change in her Aunt's demeanour.

Here goes nothing.

"I texted you. Didn't I? Why did you not reply? You think ignoring me is in the best interest of you and your worthless brother?" she sneered.

"Aunt Maria I am not worthless." ,said ten year old Jackson, as he gave a glass of water to his sister and tucked a strand of stray hair back to her ears.

Savannah froze as her fingers wrapped around the glass of water. She had warned Jackson, multiple times to not back answer to Aunt Maria. But he was a little boy, and boys never liked being told what to do.

Slowly Maria's red eyes turned to Jackson. She bend down close and placed the bottle of vodka on her side and regaining her balance, she held Jackson by the shoulder.

"What did you say, boy?"

"That I'm not-"

"Jackson. Get in. Right now. And if you argue I am not signing that slip for the picnic. Am I clear?"

"Crystal, Savvy.", he said with a crooked smile as he ran inside.

"Keep him under control, whore. Otherwise it won't be good. He's getting a mouth. And I hate lads with mouths. "

Savannah nodded and gulped the glass of water, and stood up, wiping her hands on her pencil skirt, the only pair she had for college functions. As she turned to leave, Maria clutched her hand, in a vice like grip.

Savannah knew it was pointless to fight. Maria was a strong woman, and Savannah a weak one. She was no match for the six foot giant. She slowly turned her eyes training on Maria's designers louboutins.

"Did you get the job?"

Savannah's breathing hitched. It seemed irrational how terrified she was given the fact that this scenario was inevitable. She kept still.

"I am asking you again, girl, did you get the job, because if you lie to me I am going to call the Donati Enterprises, and make sure of what you tell me."

"Aunt Maria, I-I had an accident, I didn't r-reach The Donati Enterprises. B-Bu-"

Crack.

The slap echoed down the empty hallway. That was surely going to bruise.

"I don't care if you died right there, you should have gone to the company. Are you going there again? Don't answer that. Of course you are. Go. Beg. Spread your legs. Have sex with the boss. I don't know. Just get the job. Or I'm placing your brother in the foster home. You can't afford a lawyer for custody too you know. So if I were you, which I am not, but if the I would hurry up."

Savannah nodded and started walking towards the kitchen, to do the dishes.

"Oh and don't bother having food. There is some bread in the freezer, feed yourself or your brother or both of you die. I don't care. Don't disturb me. Robby is returning from a very tiring journey, I need to comfort him. So don't you dare disturb Robby and I. Get your royal ass working. I don't have all day, cherie."

She went to shower after doing the dishes. And she wore a full sleeve shirt after that. Yes, she slit her wrists, but only to make the pain go away. She wasn't suicidal. She would never leave Jackson to the monstrous world. She wasn't going to break her promise she made years ago to her, mamma.

She pushed the hair off Jackson's forehead, as she watched her little brother sleep. He was too sweet for this world. He was an angel. So was mamma.

You destroy everything you touch. You killed your birth parents and now your foster one. Anyone who has loved you ends up dead.

A lone tear escaped Savannah's eyes. She did not want to endanger Jackson too. She was all he had and he was all she did. Her Aunt's words did sting. It made her doubt herself. But this little boy sleeping, looking so angelic, made her come back for him.

Amelia Greene was a wonderful woman. And what Savannah had learnt from her was to keep a promise, and to honour it until death. And protecting and loving her little brother was exactly what she was going to do.

She touched the necklace around her. It had a picture of the four of them. Evan Greene carrying Savannah in his arms as she adorably pulled her twelve day old brother's cheek, who Amelia was carrying. A happy family. That's what kept her going every single day.

Where are you mamma, you're princess is keeping her promise. And Jack is growing up to be just like Papa and you. Why did you leave us?

We love you mamma, we do.

She thought as she clutched her necklace, reminiscing the ephemeral but happy moments of her family. Sighing she went to sleep. Tomorrow was yet another challenge the world put forth and she was not going to let it win without a fair and tough fight.

                                            〰
Yet another chapter for all of you.
Please comment, vote and share.
No AVannah scenes.
I will be grateful.
Until next time.
Love 💚
Eleanor Wilson.

                                            〰