44• Parties and Revelations.✔️

"i have promises to keep;
and miles to go before I sleep."

happy reading, my lovlies. •

Savannah

I am sitting in front of the mirror, as the beautician, Maya had with her when she came, works her magic on me. I have a black gown on, it seems royal blue, but on closer look you would settle on the colour black. To say the dress is beautiful would be insulting it, Adrian sure has exquisite choice. Of course he does.

My eyes are made smokey on the corners, and my lips are painted with a deep red, almost maroon, shade, and on my neck rests the diamond necklace Adrian had given me before our first engagement. Little diamond studs and my very prominent wedding ring are the only accessories apart from the chain.

My hair is set in a messy bun, strands falling out gently and resting on my cheek. Maya turns me around and gives me a last brush of touch up, and smiles contented. She motions the other girl, Anna to bring the shoe display rack in front of us, and she pulls out a pair of black studded ballerinas, and places it in front of me.

"What, no million inched heel for me?"

She chuckles.

"No. If you fall over, you'll hurt the baby."

"How do you know that I'm pregnant? Did Eve tell you?"

"No. I'm a designer myself, Savannah. I know the female body well enough to tell it's secrets."

"Please don't tell Adrian. I-I want it to be a surprise for him."

"Sure. Now put on the ballerinas Mrs. Donati, because the more you stand, the better I see how good these stilettos would have looked on you."

I smile, and put them on like directed, and twirl, to give Maya the look of her work.

"Oh, perfect. If you weren't married to the douche, and not straight then I would totally do you."

I chuckle. Horny Maya.

That's funny, considering you are like the horniest woman in the room.

I walk down the stairs, and look at Adrian. He seems angry talking on the phone, speaking lowly, and probably threatening the life of the person on the other side of the line. Typical Adrian.

I clear my throat, but he is facing the other way and he does not see me. He continues speaking, and I can hear begging on the other side. Frantic begging.

I reach forward to tug on his suit, when he abruptly turns around sensing something, making me lose my balance, and fall back. But one of his arms, whose hand is not clutching the phone encircles my waist preventing me from saying hello to the expensive marble down there.

"I'll speak to you later Mr. Mahoney. Please keep in mind my previous warnings. I do not like to repeat myself. No, I'll ask Vanessa Luciano to give you a call. Night."

He pulls me back up, his warm possessive arm still resting on waist.

"You claim to be okay perfectly on your own, kitten, and yet here you are in my arms." He says a smirk lining his ever so handsome features.