16• Broken vases and potential brides.

~He wished he could control his demons.
Instead of letting his demons control him.~, Niklaus Mikaelson, The Vampire Diaries.

Happy Reading💕

Savannah

As I reached my room, I mean my room in this house of Adrian's , I could hear breaking of glass, shouts and curses.

Adrian.

He wasn't alright. The fact that he was going to get married was not taken by him. He needed control. But it was not in his arena now. And he felt pathetic about it. I could feel the anger, frustration and helplessness ooze out of him. I wanted to console him, not because I wanted to, but because I needed to pay him back.

There is no free lunch. And what he did for mw last night, I needed to pay his favour back.

And Adrian though an annoying jerk, had helped me in many occasions. And I hated to admit that. My ego wanted to stop me from feeling grateful towards him. I was taking a huge risk. I mightn't even return alive from that den of his. But I just couldn't stop myself.

I twisted the knob that separated our rooms and the sight shook me. He was a mess. Blood draining from his hands, sweat flattening the hair on his forehead, his eyes red, a bottle of whiskey in his hands, the mirror cracked and what not. He was a psychopath.

Who does this? And just because he was to get married. This man! I walked to him slowly. Afraid of his anger and terrified of the consequences. But I went on. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I was about to call him when he pulled me towards himself and I was placed on his lap.  And some how it felt home.

"I don't want to get married, Savannah.", he slurred.

"But you know you have to. Adrian, its just marriage, no big deal. Many women would jump to have that title, Mrs. Adrian Donati. What is it that is bothering you to such an extent?", I asked in a cooing voice.

"It is something which destroys every man Savannah. Can you tell me instances where married couples are happy? Can you tell me instances where they care for each other, more than any family enmity? Well I can give you contradictory examples. My Uncle and Aunt. They fucking destroyed each other. Young and so much in love, but old and cheats?", he argued.

So typically him.

"Adrian. We can talk later you know. You are drunk. I don't want you to tell me things you might regret in a few hours. Just-Just take care. Okay?", I said.

And then I got up to leave. But he pulled me back.  His eyes told me what he wanted to say, but that huge ego of his stopped him.

Stay.

His eyes demanded.  And I obeyed. I went to my room and brought the first aid kit. I did his dressing and wiped his face with a wet cloth and made him change his shirt as his hands were hurt. There was nothing sexual between us.

Just silence. An ominous silence.

Something which warned me of the storm approaching. And then he fell asleep, like a baby. His features softened. And he no more looked like the manwhore I hated. I walked away to the kitchen to bring him medicines and some food.

He slept for several hours and I had fallen asleep his hands in mine and I beside him. A groan woke me up. I got up to see a delicious sight. Adrian Donati rubbing his eyes and pouting like a cute kid. He then turned to look at me. His eyes turned into slits as his brows furrowed.