49• Nature seeks balance.✔️

"only from the ashes can we rise."

• happy reading, my lovlies •

Savannah

Placing me down gingerly when we approach the car, he opens the door, and half pushes me inside with him. So much for behaving like a gentleman!

He asks Taylor to start the car, and clutches my hand tightly.

"I am not going to run, you can leave my hand you know."

"Forgive me for being too careful kitten, but given your past behaviour I am going to have to hold on tight."

I sigh. Convincing Adrian Donati something which he has already made his mind up about is impossible.

"How did you know I was here?"

"You ran your hand on my forehead. I woke up then. I've become a light sleeper since the altar incident."

"How the hell did you get the cabby's number?"

"Simple. Call the cab company, threaten to sue them for bad service, they tend to give up a lot of information that way. You should try it sometime. You're a Donati. Use the power."

I scoff. Of course that is how he found time to get neatly dressed and gel his damning hair.

A few minutes passes by with an awkward silence persisting between Adrian and I.

"Do you want to marry me again?"

Yes.

"No. Why on earth would you even ask me that?"

"Fine. I'll book an appointment with the minister, we'll get married again, tomorrow."

Yay!

"Are you thick headed or just plainly dumb? I said no."

"And I said yes. And for a long time we've seen, what I say is usually the endgame, so why fight."

"Jerk. I hate you."

"I love you too, kitten."

Saying so, he pulls me onto to him, and rests his hand on my belly, caressing it in a periodic fashion and I find sleep.

When I wake up, I'm so much more comfortable than a working out mans arm. I'm home. I look around, I'm in Adrian's room. He must have carried me in here.

I get up from my sleeping position, and I am greeted by a smiling Adrian's face. I could get used to this. To him. I see I am still too stubborn to accept that I already have.

"Morning."

And then my bitch mode kicks in. It is the hormones, I swear. I ignore his greeting and turn to go the washroom, when I am pulled back.

"Kitten, when I say morning, I expect you to smile back and say morning."

"And then he says he loves me."