31• Date with Mr. Donati.

That is what darkness is. Attractive and consuming. Makes you want to run away from it, and makes you want to dissolve in it, all at the same time. That was who Adrian was. That was the kind of darkness he housed.

Savannah

"Can I open my eyes now Adrian

"Oh my god, kitten. Not in my entire life have I seen someone so excited about something."

"Adrian, I hate surprises. Please, let me open my eyes."

"Nuh uh, kitten. You can't melt with puppy-eyes."

"You know what, I am opening my eyes."

"You promised, kitten."

"Adrian, we have to add this thing to our starting afresh thing, you're gonna have to stop calling me, kitten."

"Nice try, kitten. That is one thing that is never going to stop. Kitten."

The car comes to a halt. The blind fold still on my eyes. Honestly I am not very comfortable with the idea of being led somewhere by the malicious Mr. Donati, but you tell me, what choice do I have?

He pulls me out of the car not so gently, ushers me forward, a steady hand on the small of my back. He snaps twice and I can vividly hear flustered footsteps shifting and the clinking of glass. Adrian then slowly comes forward and opens by blindfold, his hands trailing agonisingly slow on my cheeks, causing them to redden and heat up. I blink frequently to get adapted to the bright sunlight. When my eyes get adjusted, I see the most beautiful set up, on this Universe.

Beach.

I should have guessed it from the very humid and fresh air I've been feeling on my face, but yet again, you can't generally concentrate on such things when a very controlling Donati is driving beside you.

"So my dearest, kitten, welcome to this very private beach, I have booked only for the two of us, for this whole day. Do you like it?"

I nod.

I am rendered speechless. It is beautiful. The sun just perfectly hot. Not too hot , not too gloomy. The beach, perfectly blue. Eye soothing blue. Two perfectly inclined beach chairs and side tables filled with juices or alcohol, I don't know. Then there is the table, hidden by netted curtains, and laden with delicacies I probably don't know the name of.

I can feel Adrian inch closer to me, his breath on my neck, strong and clear, causing a shiver run through me.

"Did you like it kitten?"

I nod again.

"As much as I do enjoy making you speechless and flustered, but I do not appreciate it, when you are shutting your smart, unfiltered mouth. Say 'yes', Savannah."

"Yes.", I cannot believe how meek and squeaky I sounded. I clear my throat and  say a stronger yes, making him chuckle.

"Shall we?"

I nod again, to which he raises his eyebrow, and I verbally answer his not so requested request. Yeah, he generally does not request, so I really don't know why I expect him too. Not like he is going to be Adrian Donati 2.0 just for me. I am not worth it.

My thoughts already adulterated decide to wander to hurtful land. I like Adrian, and it is not that he is not handsome enough or I have some super power of being immune to his charms. In all honesty I want to stay away from him because I may be falling for him. Yeah, I am probably falling for the man, who twisted my world upside down.