Chapter 12-Inclined.

The room was dark when she stepped in. Her stomach had curled up into various knots that she felt like she'll throw up despite of an empty stomach.

The small bag that was in her right hand fell on the floor instantly. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she couldn't hold up any longer.

How could they do this?
Why were her parents doing it?
Her mind was filled with such kind of questions.

Expunging the wet droplets which were covering her face, she reached for her mobile phone.

Now this was the only option she had beside the other unpleasant one.
She dialed the number rapidly and held the phone to her ear.

The phone went on ringing at the other side but again no answer.

She kept calling again and again but in vain.

That's it. She couldn't take anymore and threw the phone on the floor near the bag of money.

She climbed on the bed as she sobbed hard, hugging the pillow until letting the sleep to consume her.

------------------------------

"Hello Chachu."

"Hey small shot, how are you?" The smile grew bigger on Nakul's face after hearing his boy's voice.

"I'm fine Chachu... I'm having a very gooooood time. Great granna is very sweet and funny and..." Aakash kept on ranting.

"Aren't you troubling her?" Nakul asked her. He could imagine Aakash sticking his tongue out.

"No. I didn't, Chachu." He denied but Nakul knew better that he was surely lying.

"So when are you planning to come?" He quickly asked.

"Chachu. Wednesday." Aakash replied.

"But aren't you supposed to come on Monday?"

"Chachu. I want to stay more." He pleaded.

"But small shot. I'm missing you." Nakul said immediately.

"I'm missing you too but I want to stay more, can I please? Chachu.  Please. Please. Please." He implored cutely.

"Okay fine but on wednesday, I want you here as even Granna is leaving this Friday." Nakul replied..

"So soon?" He heard his sad voice.

"Small shot. She have to." Nakul tried to explain.

"Everybody's leaving..." The happiness on Nakul's face vanished.

"Small shot. Your Chachu and Dadda is there with you, aren't we?" Aakash hummed in response.

"Okay. Chachu, I have to go. Shilpa auntie is calling me. I'm going to have chocolate cake today." Nakul sensed his grin from the other side.

"See, you're going to have it without me. Too bad, small shot." Nakul teased him.

"Sorry but I have to go. Bye Chachu." Aakash hung up as Nakul chuckled lastly.

"Okay bye." His smile faded as soon as the call went dead. Indeed he was missing him a lot.
He glanced at his watch and strolled towards his mother's room.

"Mom." He knocked the door.

"Yes, Nakul." Manyata opened the door and let him into her room.

"I just talked to Aakash." He said.

"I know."

"Mom. I'm missing him." She stroked his face while he flinched a bit.

"I know. So do I." She replied smiling.