Chapter 70-Dad.

It was a sensation of deja vu all over again.

To see the most horrible nightmare become an absolute reality was no less than a death experience. His body went cold and all the air in his lungs escaped.

Why was God testing him? Not once... but thrice...
To lose someone you love is the most hardest part.
Fear engulfed him as he wasn't ready to let her go in the hands of death.

Amrita was fighting for her and her baby's life and he absolutely felt helpless as he couldn't do anything but hope for the best.

Earlier, It wasn't his duty or responsibility which kept holding him back from her, 
It was purely love.... and he had realised it but couldn't bring it to confession.

He pretended to be a strong man but his heart was still fragile... and delicate.

He loved Shikha ... there was no doubt about that but his love for Amrita was different in it's own way.

Last night, he couldn't sleep as his mind kept rendering him for the answer of her question.

"What am I to you?"

Maybe his brain wasn't certain of it but his heart already knew the reply.

Mayank was in love.

He had fallen for her, hard and not only her but also the child she was carrying...

They were his family and he wasn't ready to compromise anyone of them.

On the other hand, Ambar's sobs were uncontrollable as she continued to weep in Nakul's arms.

"I'm scared Nakul! What if..." She trailed off as she couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

"Let's just pray Ambar... Let's just pray." Nakul suggested as he comforted her..

Aakash was resting his head on Mayank's arm.

"Dadda. Maa will also leave me." He questioned him with teary eyes..

Mayank raked his hair. "No... Nobody is leaving us." He bend down and kissed his cheeks.

"Mr. Suri." The doctor approached him and Mayank immediately rose up.

His heartbeats had suddenly gone up.

"Doctor!" Mayank's eyes had a spark of hope.

"We're trying our best... It's difficult to say... We have to do C-section. There's no other alternative, Mr. Suri." The doctor put forth.

"Do whatever you want... Just save them..  Please." He earnestly implored and the doctor nodded in understanding.

"Okay..." He said and trudged back to the Operation theatre.

Mayank exhaled sharply.

Nakul's phone rang and he answered it.

"Okay...." He disconnected the call.

"I've to go. Yogendra Nanda. The man who bailed that bastard is the same man behind the whole kidnapping." Nakul muttered.
Ambar's eyes widened at the mention of the old man.

"NO." Her face was horror-stricken.

"You won't go... I won't let you go... He'll take his payback... No... You won't go." She mumbled with trepidation.

"Ambar... Calm down.." He removed a strand of hair from her face.

"No... Nakul ... He's dangerous.... This is not his first time... He had already caused a lot of harm before." Her voice was full of apprehension.