Chapter 69-Payback.

Her head hammered with an unpleasant sensation as she tried to regain some consciousness. She didn't knew where she was but the room was dark which frightened her.

The last thing she remembered was her attempt to save her kiddo from that big man who was pulling him in the truck and then some unbearable pain overtook her due to a hard hitting on her head.

Her throat went dry when she saw Aakash lying next to her.

She tried to move but she couldn't. Her hands and legs had been tied up roughly.

Ambar struggled to get rid of it but failed miserably and ended up hurting herself.

"Aakash!" She was relieved when she saw the boy stirring from his sleep.

"Aakash." She called his name twice.

He gradually opened his eyes.

"Amy!" She heaved a sigh to see him awake.

"Are you okay?" She quickly asked him and he nodded.

"Where are we and why are we tied up? I'm not liking this place. I want to go home." His eyes started to water.

She tried to move her chair.

"Hey! Shush... I'm there with you, Aakash.... Please don't cry." Ambar mumbled as she couldn't see her kiddo shed any tears.

"Oh! so you both are up. Good... Very good." Her eyes roamed to that one person, who was standing by the door.

"Karun." Her blood boiled with rage as soon as his face came under the light bulb.

"Oh... You remember me... I thought you all completely forgot about me after all... you were happily leading a good life." He snickered.

"Why are we here?" She questioned him.

He didn't care to pay heed to her instead, he walked towards the boy and caressed his hair slightly.

"KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS AWAY FROM HIM." She yelled out loud.

"Ambar! Language.... He's a kid." He snapped at her.

She exhaled loudly.

"You're wild ... Just like your cousin." He commented with a smug forming on his lips.

"How did you get out of  prison?" She queried ignoring his earlier statement.

"Got bailed... Of course. Do you think that I would try to run and get purposefully killed." He laughed evilly.

"Why are we here? For your revenge!" She cross questioned him.

He chuckled.

"You really remind me of Amrita. Smart but equally stupid." He let out and she snorted.

"Yeah I wanted revenge... But not from you and this kid.... It was your boyfriend and that brother of his that got me all wrecked up. Unfortunately it was you who came to pick him up otherwise I would have got my hands directly on your sister and my baby but nonetheless, it's not my revenge this time. It's his payback and he wanted me to kidnap you both." Karun uttered.

"Who?"

"Are they awake?" A loud roaring voice interrupted her.

"Yes sir..." A sudden change of his tone, flabbergasted her.

"Good." The man stepped ahead as his face got more visible to her.

She couldn't recognise him while the old man clumped towards Aakash and fished out his handkerchief, wiping his tears.