Chapter 33-Suspicious.

"Huh?" She couldn't help but feel goosebumps erupting all over her skin.
Nakul was still holding her hand with their eyes locked together.

"Uh. This is what friends do, don't they?" Nakul replied quickly and she nodded feeling a little disappointment.

But why was she upset?
Did she expect more?
After all he was just her friend. A friend who cared for her.

"Okay. Did you make the call today?" She asked him, changing the subject.

"Yeah. Don't worry about that." He replied calmly.

"Okay!" She got up to leave.

"By the way, I wanted to ask you something?" He interjected.

"Yeah. Go ahead."

"Actually our firm has recently signed a huge business contract with an investor which is a very big achievement for our firm so tomorrow there'll be a party at the investors place." He paused to look at her.

"So you want me to look after Aakash when you'll be at the party?" She said and he shook his head.

"Not exactly! I want you both at the party with me." He cleared her confusion.

Ambar couldn't believe what he just said.
She had never been to any business parties as anyone's date.

'But you're not his date! You're just his friend slash employee.' Her subconscious snapped.

"Are you sure?" She asked him.

"Yes, there will be kids in the party too and even you'll get some different atmosphere there." He murmured.

"Alright! I'll also get Aakash ready." She smiled.

"That would be great." He grinned.

"Okay! Thank you for dressing up my wound." She thanked him being grateful.

"Ambar, I wasn't bluffing when I said that seeing any of you hurt makes me feel galled and piqued. Please be careful always and thank you for saving Aakash, today. You're a good at your job." He smiled lastly.

"I will but even I wasn't kidding when I said that I love that boy a lot more than you can ever imagine and don't thank me for something which was nothing but my responsibility too." She said before leaving him with his face brightening with a breathtaking smile.

He sighed and picked up some of his files and started working on them.

------------------------------

"Amy! What are you doing?" Aakash asked her while entering her room.

"I'm just picking out a dress." She told him whilst she was still searching her closet for a suitable dress.

"For the party?" He asked and she immediately turned to him.

"You know?" She whispered, stunned.

"Yes! I heard Chachu talking on the phone." He shrugged.

"So you don't mind if we all go together, tomorrow?" She asked him.

"No but actually yes because I don't like it. As Dadda and Mumma used to take me to attend those boring parties, I still don't want to." Aakash replied with a sad smile.

"Even Amy would be attending one with you this time." She poked him and he chuckled.

"Those parties are too ....too boring. I also attended one with Mumma last year. All those crazy aunties were just pulling my cheeks each and every time." He recalled the past instance and instantly covered his face with his little palms.