Chapter 40-Deploration.

"AAKASH.... STOP IT.... I SAID.....STOP IT." Nakul shouted at the boy making him go cringe because of his voice sounding rough and loud.

"Chachu is bad... Chachu is bad... very bad." Aakash cried out loud and ran up to his room.

Nakul caught his head in his hands. He was drowning in the sea of frustration and this was just an outcome of it.

On the other hand, Ambar couldn't believe what had just happened.
How could he do that?
Though he was grumpy with anger residing on his nose but he had never dare to inflict it on his small shot.
It was hard for her to digest.
Unable to stop herself, she moved towards him and let out the words, catching his attention.

"You shouldn't have done that to a small kid... he's missing his dad.... I know, he was being recalcitrant but this was not the right way to deal with him." Ambar gave him an earful.

"Don't tell me, what I have to do or not." He snapped in irritation.
'Mr. Grumpy!'.

"Why shouldn't I?" Ambar narrowed her eyes.

"Because I'm your employer, I'm not paying you to listen to your crap and stop ordering me. You don't even know what kind of mess, I'm currently dealing with. So mind your own business." Nakul sneered, going beyond the unexpected.

Ambar flared her nose.
This was the least she had anticipated from him.

An insult! Though he was her boss but her self respect was more important.
She got reminded by her Dida's spoken words.

"Anger can bring out the worst in you."

And now she was ready to give him the taste of his own medicine.

"Mr. Suri, this is my business. Haven't I told you that earlier? Though you're my boss but there's one more relationship which we share. That's friendship which you've already forgotten and my dear friend, if you do something wrong then it's my duty to correct you. My job is to take care of that boy and his happiness and you can see how much elated he is right now." Her voice was laced with a bit of sarcasm.

As he was about to say something, she forwarded her hand to stop him.

"I haven't finished yet." Her tone was clipped.

"The mess you're talking about is not greater than the trauma, he's currently dealing with. He lost his mother already. I mean, he has just turned five. Losing his dadda is something which he can't take it at the moment.
There's no greater sorrow than the pain of losing someone and we both are clearly aware of that affliction, aren't we?" Tears threatened to spill out but she didn't wanted to cry.

Nakul knew she was right and she also sounded more sensible at that moment.

His features automatically softened and he rubbed his temples due to guilt eating him up.

He regretted whatever he had said or done earlier.

"I..." He was about to say sorry when she cut him off again knowing what he was going to tell her.

"Save it. Your apology. I'll just get back to my job or in your words. My business." She set forth and walked past him towards Aakash's room.

And with that, another sort of contrition had filled in him.

Not only he had hurt his small shot but also his friend.
His only friend.

------------------------------

Ambar entered his room. She could hear his miffed sobs.

'Oh Kiddo!'
That was the most tear jerking sight ever to see the boy clutching his parents photograph close to his heart. It was like a wave of flashback hitting her again when she missed her parents terribly.