Chapter 39-Obstinacy.

Nakul had his eyes fixed to the door. His heart was throbbing fast, his hands were cold, Just like the last time when he was here but he felt some warmth this time especially when Ambar slid her hand in his.

He looked in her dark brown eyes which gave him nothing but courage and hope.

Courage to be strong and hope that nothing would go wrong.

They were outside the operation theatre and were waiting for the doctor who was operating his brother inside.

Nakul was appalled when the nurse informed him about Mayank's deteriorating condition and also about the emergency for them to rush him to the hospital immediately.

Hospital... The place which had terrified him, each and every time when he visited this place.
And here, he was back there once again.

He was sweating profusely and Ambar could clearly see some fear in his eyes. She wanted to comfort him but she didn't knew, how to do it.

Shilpa had indeed confided her to accompany Nakul to offer him the help and strength which he'll be needing beside him.
Meanwhile, Shilpa agreed to be at the mansion with Aakash and his great grandmother to take care of them as they were too equally devastated.

Ambar was clueless about what she had to do but unknowingly her mere presence was the only thing which had soothed him in the past few hours.

Surely at home, the party was called off and the kids were sent back.
Who knew that the circumstances would turn out, something like this?
Something very unpredictable.

Every minute was dreadful. They could see doctors and nurses scampering in and out of the room. Tension was thick in the air. They both were actually able to feel it.

It was few hours later when the senior doctor walked out from the OT.

"Mr. Suri?" He stood near him and they both instantly rose up, horrified to hear him.

No. He didn't wanted to lose him as well. What will he tell his boy? What would he say to his mother? Nakul's mind was screwed up.

"We saved him."
Finally, he heaved a small sigh before the doctor continued.

"But..." He stopped and Nakul shook his head in panic.

'No...'

"His condition is still critical. We have to keep him in the Intensive Care Unit." The doctor said.

"Will he be alright?" His lips trembled.

"I can't say and even if he does, then I can't tell you whether he'll come out of coma or not." The doctor muttered.

"But we'll try our best, Mr. Suri. He'll be under our supervision." He assured him before walking away.

Ambar held his hand to support him. He appeared the same weak man... just like the one on that unfortunate day when he was not able to put off the fire to save Aakash.

Her heart clenched to see him vulnerable and quiet.

His eyes were bloodshot red. He was no longer that carefree jovial man who was playing with his nephew earlier.

"Nothing will happen to him. He'll be fine." He murmured, convincing himself.

Ambar caressed his arm, she knew, how hard it was for him. She knew his possessiveness, his care towards his family

Suddenly his phone buzzed, he wiped his face before answering the call.

"Yes. Yes, he'll be fine ... okay! Okay!... We are coming." Ambar couldn't understand anything.