Chapter 36-Yearn.

"Oh My God! Your surprise. I mean this was beyond my expectations... It's mind-blowing." She mumbled, completely awestruck at what she was looking at.

"Do you think, he'll like it too?" He sounded nervous.

"Oh, come on! You have not only build up a simple park but also a mini water park in your backyard for him to play... I mean that's so cool... kid's slide... water splash.... rain dance. Plus icecream counter, candy counter. It's a dream for a kid to visit these kind of parks everyday but having one which is right in his backyard." Nakul chuckled slightly after hearing her constantly ramble up.

"I don't want him to go to that park again which you had taken him earlier..." His voice was laced with seriousness.

"Okay. So, is that the only reason for you to built this park in your backyard?" She frowned.

"No, there's one more reason for me to do so. Actually I heard him talking about how hot this summer is turning out. So, I came up with a plan of pool party for his birthday. I hope he likes it." Nakul replied.

"Like it? He'll love it. It's a great idea. He'll be so happy.
So that also means, we're going to implement my plan with yours." Ambar said.

"See... I told you, I won't be sabotaging your plan." He looked at her with a smug on his face.

"Alright!" She mumbled before yawning.

"Someone's tired." Nakul grinned.

"Yeah." She yawned again.

"Cute..." He blurted out before scratching his head while her eyes widened as she couldn't help but blush...

"I think you should sleep, we're still left to prepare a lot." He told her and she nodded.

"Good night." She wished him.

"Ms. Hunky Dory." He called her.

"Yes!"

"Don't disclose this to Aakash. Make sure he doesn't come here till we all surprise him."  Nakul said.

"I know. Don't worry about that." She assured and started to walk away from him.

Nakul's eyes widened when he saw a seesaw on her way.

Before she could trip over the seesaw, he pulled her forcefully that made her fall in his arms.

She was bewildered with his sudden move.

'Why did he do that?'

The position in which he was holding her, reminded her of a movie scene.
The only difference was that some romantic background score wasn't playing here or was it playing now?

'Or Is it just playing in my head?' She thought.

Nakul quickly repositioned himself as he left her side. He removed the phone from his pocket as it was continuously ringing.

Ambar was blushing in embarrassment when he answered his call, distancing himself from her.

She stood silent until he was done with the call. He finished the call when his eyes shifted to her face.

"I've to leave for some work issues. It's important." He said.

"What? This late?" She was puzzled hearing him.

"I'm going out of town." He rephrased the sentence.

"Why?... I mean, it's Aakash's birthday in three days." She was completely upset by the thought of him, going away.

"Yes but it's important for me to go." He replied rubbing his forehead.

"Is everything okay?"

"I don't know but don't worry I'll be back for his birthday." He assured her and she offered him a small smile.