Chapter 52-Sorrow.

Her back was turned to Ambar who stood at the entrance of her room while she saw her sister arranging the pillows of her bed.

She wasn't actually ready but she had to disclose it to her because she had promised him. Her uncle!

The moment Amrita noticed her, she stiffened.
Ambar turned white as a ghost when she saw her coming forward. 

"Hey! You didn't tell me, you started packing?"

"I had to. I'm leaving in three days." Ambar tugged a small smile on her face.

"Yeah... I know." Amrita sighed. This was really hard for her as well but this was the best chance one could ask for, A golden opportunity for her sister to achieve heights.
To stand on her feet and become what she always wanted to be.

"It's good that you didn't cancel your visa otherwise it would had taken another month for your new visa and it would had affected your studies too." She said whilst nodding.

"Yeah... I forgot about it after I got this job. I didn't even remember about that until Vashisht mentioned it when I called him to inform." She told Amrita whose mouth twisted downwardly and her eyes lost the shine which she just had it before.

"I'm sorry Amy! I couldn't fulfil my promise... I trusted my parents with the money but..." Amrita's voice trailed off.

Ambar's face drained all the colour. She instantly grabbed her hands and held it tightly. She was definitely going to tell her now.

"It's fine... It doesn't matter anyway, I'm going and I should thank you because, it's your savings that I was able to apply for the visa with Vashisht and I don't have any heart feelings against anyone. You didn't do anything wrong and neither... Neither did they." The last part came out in a whisper.

"You don't hate them?" Amrita's eyes widened. She didn't expect this.
After all, they were so vile to an innocent soul like her so she should had definitely hated them for the way they treated her. "Why don't you? Weren't you hurt after what they did?" She couldn't stop herself from asking.

Ambar let out a huge breath.

"Honestly, I was but not anymore...." Her eyes nictated, "After knowing the reasons behind their crude behaviour, I don't feel anything but pity for them." Ambar said.

"Reasons?" Amrita was baffled, "-And pity for what?"

"I'm not sure whether I should really tell you this or not". She pursed her lips, "It's their part to tell you". She added.

"Their? Ambar, I'm not going to see them so it will be better if you tell me now." Amrita admonished.

Why was she talking in puzzles?

"You have to meet them, Dida. you have to clear this squabble with them or it will just lead to more complications." Ambar spoke out loud.

"Ambar, You're confusing me. Please enlighten me, properly." Amrita breathe out.

Ambar bobbed her head. "Karun... He played a very nasty game." Amrita knew he could always stoop so low to get his hands on the things, he always desired but what did he do this time?

His name itself made her go rigid but nevertheless, Ambar still continued, "He maliciously told them everything which caused uncle..." She paused to gauge her reaction, "He. He had a heart attack and was in hospital for three days." She finally blurted out.

Amrita gasped, her hands immediately covered her mouth.

"Dad!" Tears cascaded down her cheeks. Ambar instantly embraced her as she broke down in her arms.